Steven Spielberg Snubbed Chelsea Clinton's Wedding to Prepare His New Movie
Director Steven Spielberg missed out on seeing Chelsea Clinton marry so he could spend the day with piglets on a farm in England in preparation for a new movie. The "Jurassic Park" filmmaker was one of a handful of A-list celebrities invited to attend the wedding of former U.S. President Bill Clinton's only daughter to Marc Mezvinsky last weekend.
The New York event was one of America's most high-profile nuptials in recent years - but Spielberg snubbed the affair so he could pay a visit to a farm in Widecombe-in-the-Moor. The director plans to shoot new movie "War Horse" in Dartmoor on the 450-acre Holwell Farm.
Owner Philippa Hughes tells Britain's Daily Express newspaper, "It has been chaotic but very memorable. He came here last Saturday for a recce of the area. It was Bill Clinton's daughter's wedding and much of the world's media thought he was there."
"We showed him around the farm, showed him the views and he met the animals, like our piglets and Dartmoor ponies. He was very friendly and unassuming. He loved the animals and we found him a very easy person to be around."
"Some of the Americans among the crew were very impressed with Dartmoor. When you tell them the landscape has remained virtually unchanged for centuries, they can't quite believe it. It's such an iconic landscape."
Spielberg's latest project, based on Michael Morpurgo's novel, tells the story of a horse shipped to France during World War I.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App