Bono Made Triumphant Return as U2 After Back Surgery
U2 rocker Bono made a triumphant return to the stage in Turin, Italy on Friday, August 6, three months after he was forced to undergo emergency back surgery. The Irish band had to postpone the North American trek of its world tour and scrap its headlining slot at Britain's Glastonbury festival in June after Bono was admitted to hospital for the operation in May.
But the 50-year-old star recovered in time to kick off the band's European leg of its 360 Degree Tour in northern Italy on Friday and he refused to let the health issue affect his performance, strutting, dancing and jogging around the stage. Bono delighted fans by launching into a rousing set with their hit song "Beautiful Day", and the stars also treated concertgoers at the Olympic stadium to a preview of two new tracks - "North Star Acoustic" and "Glastonbury".
And he made sure to thank fans for their unwavering support and for the well wishes he'd received during his recovery, while he also paid tribute to his bandmates. Bono told the crowd, "This band is like a family. It's a family business, U2. I am the prodigal son. I would like to thank my brothers for their patience."
U2 Performing "North Star":
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3