10 Fascinating Facts About Birthday Star, David Duchovny
"The X Files" star David Duchovny will be celebrating on Saturday, August 7 - he has reached the stellar age of 50. Born on August 7, 1960, Duchovny abandoned plans for a teaching career in his 20s to pursue his love of acting, enjoying a recurring role in cult TV show "Twin Peaks" before shooting to fame as alien-chasing FBI agent Fox Mulder in the hit sci-fi series.
After several movie roles, he returned to TV work in 2007's "Californication", and is currently shooting scenes for the popular comedy-drama's fourth season. To celebrate Duchovny's milestone birthday, WENN has dug out 10 fascinating facts about the star:
- He attended New York City's prestigious Collegiate School. Among his classmates was assassinated U.S. president John F. Kennedy's eldest son, John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- As well as acting, Duchovny has worked behind the camera, directing several episodes of "The X-Files".
- In a 1997 episode of "The Simpsons" - a spoof of "The X-Files" entitled "The Springfield Files" - Duchovny voiced the animated Fox Mulder character.
- As a schoolboy, he was nicknamed Duke.
- He has enjoyed a role as a doctor in three movies - "Playing God" in 1997, "Evolution" four years later, and "The Secret" in 2006.
- He appeared in an advert for Lowenbrau beer in 1987.
- Duchovny wed actress Tea Leoni in 1997 and the couple has two children - daughter Madelaine, 11, and eight-year-old son Kyd.
- His list of honors includes two Golden Globes for Best TV Actor in 1997 and 2008, and four Emmy nominations for Outstanding Actor.
- He once appeared on U.S. game show "Celebrity Jeopardy", losing out in the final round.
- He has degrees in English Literature from esteemed U.S. universities Yale and Princeton.
More David Duchovny News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story