August 28, 2016  
Home > News > TV

'Star Wars' TV Series Put on Hold

August 6, 2010 (8:32 am) GMT
Budget restraints have forced the project by George Lucas to be halted because it is going to be bigger than what they initially thought.

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas has put plans for a live action TV series based on the legendary sci-fi franchise "on hold" because of financial issues. The 66 year old announced plans for a small screen "Star Wars" spin-off back in 2005 and, after a long hiatus spent writing scripts, he began casting actors for the show last year.

However, fans will have to wait even longer to see the project on TV - it's been put on hold indefinitely. At a recent screening of "The Empire Strikes Back" in Chicago, Illinois, Lucas told the audience the project had been shelved because of budget restraints.

He explained, "The live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don't know how to do them. They literally are Star Wars, only we're going to have to try to do them (at) a tenth (of) the cost. And it's a huge challenge, (a) lot bigger than what we thought it was gonna be."

More Star Wars News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
  2. Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
  3. J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
  4. Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
  5. Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
  6. Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
  7. Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
  8. Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked