Mark Salling to Release Jazz/Rock Album
Actor Mark Salling is following in the musical footsteps of his "Glee" co-star Matthew Morrison by releasing his own album. The 27 year old plays bad boy footballer Noah 'Puck' Puckerman on the hit TV comedy, about a high school show choir, and regularly shows off his vocals on the program.
But Salling is set to return to his roots as a trained musician for a new solo record and he will be taking inspiration from his favorite artists in rock and jazz. He tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I love nineties stuff like Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails... I also love jazz greats like (John) Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock. I'm combining those two genres to make rock melodic and accessible."
It won't be Salling's first release - he put out his first project, "Smoke Signals", in 2008 under the stage name Jericho. Morrison is currently working on his debut disc after landing a deal with Mercury Records.
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps