Mark Salling to Release Jazz/Rock Album
Actor Mark Salling is following in the musical footsteps of his "Glee" co-star Matthew Morrison by releasing his own album. The 27 year old plays bad boy footballer Noah 'Puck' Puckerman on the hit TV comedy, about a high school show choir, and regularly shows off his vocals on the program.
But Salling is set to return to his roots as a trained musician for a new solo record and he will be taking inspiration from his favorite artists in rock and jazz. He tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I love nineties stuff like Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails... I also love jazz greats like (John) Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock. I'm combining those two genres to make rock melodic and accessible."
It won't be Salling's first release - he put out his first project, "Smoke Signals", in 2008 under the stage name Jericho. Morrison is currently working on his debut disc after landing a deal with Mercury Records.
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia