Mark Salling to Release Jazz/Rock Album
Actor Mark Salling is following in the musical footsteps of his "Glee" co-star Matthew Morrison by releasing his own album. The 27 year old plays bad boy footballer Noah 'Puck' Puckerman on the hit TV comedy, about a high school show choir, and regularly shows off his vocals on the program.
But Salling is set to return to his roots as a trained musician for a new solo record and he will be taking inspiration from his favorite artists in rock and jazz. He tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I love nineties stuff like Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails... I also love jazz greats like (John) Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock. I'm combining those two genres to make rock melodic and accessible."
It won't be Salling's first release - he put out his first project, "Smoke Signals", in 2008 under the stage name Jericho. Morrison is currently working on his debut disc after landing a deal with Mercury Records.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective