Mark Salling to Release Jazz/Rock Album
Actor Mark Salling is following in the musical footsteps of his "Glee" co-star Matthew Morrison by releasing his own album. The 27 year old plays bad boy footballer Noah 'Puck' Puckerman on the hit TV comedy, about a high school show choir, and regularly shows off his vocals on the program.
But Salling is set to return to his roots as a trained musician for a new solo record and he will be taking inspiration from his favorite artists in rock and jazz. He tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I love nineties stuff like Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails... I also love jazz greats like (John) Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock. I'm combining those two genres to make rock melodic and accessible."
It won't be Salling's first release - he put out his first project, "Smoke Signals", in 2008 under the stage name Jericho. Morrison is currently working on his debut disc after landing a deal with Mercury Records.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower