Mark Salling to Release Jazz/Rock Album
Actor Mark Salling is following in the musical footsteps of his "Glee" co-star Matthew Morrison by releasing his own album. The 27 year old plays bad boy footballer Noah 'Puck' Puckerman on the hit TV comedy, about a high school show choir, and regularly shows off his vocals on the program.
But Salling is set to return to his roots as a trained musician for a new solo record and he will be taking inspiration from his favorite artists in rock and jazz. He tells Teen Vogue magazine, "I love nineties stuff like Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails... I also love jazz greats like (John) Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock. I'm combining those two genres to make rock melodic and accessible."
It won't be Salling's first release - he put out his first project, "Smoke Signals", in 2008 under the stage name Jericho. Morrison is currently working on his debut disc after landing a deal with Mercury Records.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby