Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain No Longer on 'Idol' Wish List
Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain are no longer in the running to take over the judging chairs vacated by Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell on TV talent show "American Idol", according to new reports.
The trio has been mentioned as contenders in recent weeks, alongside Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Jessica Simpson and Justin Timberlake. A source tells EW.com that Lopez and Tyler are still very much possibilities to sit alongside existing judge Randy Jackson, but all the other celebrities are no longer on the wish list.
Former producer Nigel Lythgoe, who favours a three-person panel, has returned to the show. Furthermore, they have switched label from Sony to Universal as the agreement with Sony has expired. More updates about who's in and who's out are expected to emerge in the coming weeks.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers