Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain No Longer on 'Idol' Wish List
Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain are no longer in the running to take over the judging chairs vacated by Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell on TV talent show "American Idol", according to new reports.
The trio has been mentioned as contenders in recent weeks, alongside Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Jessica Simpson and Justin Timberlake. A source tells EW.com that Lopez and Tyler are still very much possibilities to sit alongside existing judge Randy Jackson, but all the other celebrities are no longer on the wish list.
Former producer Nigel Lythgoe, who favours a three-person panel, has returned to the show. Furthermore, they have switched label from Sony to Universal as the agreement with Sony has expired. More updates about who's in and who's out are expected to emerge in the coming weeks.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up