Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain No Longer on 'Idol' Wish List
Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain are no longer in the running to take over the judging chairs vacated by Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell on TV talent show "American Idol", according to new reports.
The trio has been mentioned as contenders in recent weeks, alongside Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Jessica Simpson and Justin Timberlake. A source tells EW.com that Lopez and Tyler are still very much possibilities to sit alongside existing judge Randy Jackson, but all the other celebrities are no longer on the wish list.
Former producer Nigel Lythgoe, who favours a three-person panel, has returned to the show. Furthermore, they have switched label from Sony to Universal as the agreement with Sony has expired. More updates about who's in and who's out are expected to emerge in the coming weeks.
More American Idol News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son