Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain No Longer on 'Idol' Wish List
Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain are no longer in the running to take over the judging chairs vacated by Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell on TV talent show "American Idol", according to new reports.
The trio has been mentioned as contenders in recent weeks, alongside Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Jessica Simpson and Justin Timberlake. A source tells EW.com that Lopez and Tyler are still very much possibilities to sit alongside existing judge Randy Jackson, but all the other celebrities are no longer on the wish list.
Former producer Nigel Lythgoe, who favours a three-person panel, has returned to the show. Furthermore, they have switched label from Sony to Universal as the agreement with Sony has expired. More updates about who's in and who's out are expected to emerge in the coming weeks.
More American Idol News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent