Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain No Longer on 'Idol' Wish List
Harry Connick Jr., Chris Isaak and Shania Twain are no longer in the running to take over the judging chairs vacated by Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell on TV talent show "American Idol", according to new reports.
The trio has been mentioned as contenders in recent weeks, alongside Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Jessica Simpson and Justin Timberlake. A source tells EW.com that Lopez and Tyler are still very much possibilities to sit alongside existing judge Randy Jackson, but all the other celebrities are no longer on the wish list.
Former producer Nigel Lythgoe, who favours a three-person panel, has returned to the show. Furthermore, they have switched label from Sony to Universal as the agreement with Sony has expired. More updates about who's in and who's out are expected to emerge in the coming weeks.
More American Idol News
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park