Courteney Cox to Appear in Alabama Gulf Beaches PSA
Courteney Cox is set to relive her childhood in her native Alabama for a new public service announcement (PSA) to highlight the state of the state's beaches in the aftermath of the BP oil spill. The former "Friends" star grew up in Birmingham, Alabama and she's determined to remind Americans about the area's coastline, which has been blighted by bad publicity following the explosion of an underwater BP rig in April.
She's scheduled to film a PSA for the Alabama Tourism Department when she finishes shooting her current movie, "Scream 4" - and the board's director Lee Sentell reveals it will be a trip down memory lane for the actress. He tells The Huntsville Times, "Her mother is looking for some old home movies and we've given her several scripts. She'll be talking about her memories of going to Gulf Shores."
The PSA is set to air during the "transition period" between the time Alabama beaches are deemed completely clear of oil from the BP spill and next spring, according to Sentell. He adds: "This is something we'd like to get on the air during the transition period as people get more comfortable going back to the beach."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics