Courteney Cox to Appear in Alabama Gulf Beaches PSA
Courteney Cox is set to relive her childhood in her native Alabama for a new public service announcement (PSA) to highlight the state of the state's beaches in the aftermath of the BP oil spill. The former "Friends" star grew up in Birmingham, Alabama and she's determined to remind Americans about the area's coastline, which has been blighted by bad publicity following the explosion of an underwater BP rig in April.
She's scheduled to film a PSA for the Alabama Tourism Department when she finishes shooting her current movie, "Scream 4" - and the board's director Lee Sentell reveals it will be a trip down memory lane for the actress. He tells The Huntsville Times, "Her mother is looking for some old home movies and we've given her several scripts. She'll be talking about her memories of going to Gulf Shores."
The PSA is set to air during the "transition period" between the time Alabama beaches are deemed completely clear of oil from the BP spill and next spring, according to Sentell. He adds: "This is something we'd like to get on the air during the transition period as people get more comfortable going back to the beach."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'