Lil Wayne to Be More Aware of His Situation and Status Once He's Released
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has vowed to act "more carefully" once he's released from prison later this year, insisting he's using his time behind bars to reflect on his mistakes. The rapper, real name is Dwayne Carter, is serving time at New York's tough Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
But Wayne insists he'll be ready to move on from his troubled past when he's a free man and he'll be more aware of being a celebrity target. In a phone interview with U.S. radio station Hot 97, he explains, "Everybody says that you're here for a reason. I search for that reason every day."
"I'm gonna move more carefully and be aware of my situation and status." The rap star is also spending his days reading and responding to fan mail, calling his family and rap proteges Drake and Nicki Minaj.
He adds, "I could read all the fan mail I get all day, every day." Wayne is scheduled to be released from prison in November.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'