Lil Wayne to Be More Aware of His Situation and Status Once He's Released
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has vowed to act "more carefully" once he's released from prison later this year, insisting he's using his time behind bars to reflect on his mistakes. The rapper, real name is Dwayne Carter, is serving time at New York's tough Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
But Wayne insists he'll be ready to move on from his troubled past when he's a free man and he'll be more aware of being a celebrity target. In a phone interview with U.S. radio station Hot 97, he explains, "Everybody says that you're here for a reason. I search for that reason every day."
"I'm gonna move more carefully and be aware of my situation and status." The rap star is also spending his days reading and responding to fan mail, calling his family and rap proteges Drake and Nicki Minaj.
He adds, "I could read all the fan mail I get all day, every day." Wayne is scheduled to be released from prison in November.
More Lil Wayne News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'