Lil Wayne to Be More Aware of His Situation and Status Once He's Released
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has vowed to act "more carefully" once he's released from prison later this year, insisting he's using his time behind bars to reflect on his mistakes. The rapper, real name is Dwayne Carter, is serving time at New York's tough Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
But Wayne insists he'll be ready to move on from his troubled past when he's a free man and he'll be more aware of being a celebrity target. In a phone interview with U.S. radio station Hot 97, he explains, "Everybody says that you're here for a reason. I search for that reason every day."
"I'm gonna move more carefully and be aware of my situation and status." The rap star is also spending his days reading and responding to fan mail, calling his family and rap proteges Drake and Nicki Minaj.
He adds, "I could read all the fan mail I get all day, every day." Wayne is scheduled to be released from prison in November.
More Lil Wayne News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'