Lil Wayne to Be More Aware of His Situation and Status Once He's Released
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has vowed to act "more carefully" once he's released from prison later this year, insisting he's using his time behind bars to reflect on his mistakes. The rapper, real name is Dwayne Carter, is serving time at New York's tough Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to charges of gun possession.
But Wayne insists he'll be ready to move on from his troubled past when he's a free man and he'll be more aware of being a celebrity target. In a phone interview with U.S. radio station Hot 97, he explains, "Everybody says that you're here for a reason. I search for that reason every day."
"I'm gonna move more carefully and be aware of my situation and status." The rap star is also spending his days reading and responding to fan mail, calling his family and rap proteges Drake and Nicki Minaj.
He adds, "I could read all the fan mail I get all day, every day." Wayne is scheduled to be released from prison in November.
More Lil Wayne News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role