Steve Carell Shares Oscars Night Disaster
Steve Carell is wary of throwing dinner parties after he suffered an Oscars night disaster with friends. "The Office" star and his wife invited a group of pals around for a meal while they watched the glitzy awards ceremony on TV several years ago.
But the evening turned into a comedy of errors and the disappointed group ended up searching for the Academy results online after missing the show. He tells Total Film magazine, "My wife and I once had a dinner party where we invited a bunch of our friends around to watch the Oscars, and we decided that we would record it, have dinner, then fast forward through to all the good moments."
"We didn't know how to set the digital recorder properly, and the show went over so it ended just as the categories were getting interesting. So then I had to pull out a laptop: 'Who wants to know who won best supporting actress?' It was really, really awful."
More Steve Carell News
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing