Ex-Wife to Fight Against Estate for Planning to Sell Gary Coleman's Utah Home
Gary Coleman's ex-wife Shannon Price is fuming after learning the actor's estate administrator is looking to sell the late star's Utah home. Court-appointed administrator Robert Jeffs filed a court motion on Wednesday, August 4, requesting a judge's permission to remove the former child actor's belongings from the house so he can redecorate and place it on the market.
He wants to list the house and an adjacent lot for $324,000, because he's convinced the estate lacks the money to keep up with the monthly mortgage payments. Coleman still owed $325,158 on the mortgage at the time of his death in May. But the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's ex-wife, Shannon Price, is angry at the decision because it was the couple's marital home, reports TMZ.
Price is currently locked in a court battle to be formally recognized as the dead actor's spouse, insisting she continued to live with the star after their 2008 divorce. And her rep, Sheila Erickson, has vowed to "do everything possible to fight this in court", adding "Gary would want Shannon in that house. It was their house together."
Price wants to be recognized as Coleman's wife so she can challenge the actor's ex-girlfriend, Anna Gray, for control of his estate. Both claim documents written by Coleman award them his belongings.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps