Ex-Wife to Fight Against Estate for Planning to Sell Gary Coleman's Utah Home
Gary Coleman's ex-wife Shannon Price is fuming after learning the actor's estate administrator is looking to sell the late star's Utah home. Court-appointed administrator Robert Jeffs filed a court motion on Wednesday, August 4, requesting a judge's permission to remove the former child actor's belongings from the house so he can redecorate and place it on the market.
He wants to list the house and an adjacent lot for $324,000, because he's convinced the estate lacks the money to keep up with the monthly mortgage payments. Coleman still owed $325,158 on the mortgage at the time of his death in May. But the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's ex-wife, Shannon Price, is angry at the decision because it was the couple's marital home, reports TMZ.
Price is currently locked in a court battle to be formally recognized as the dead actor's spouse, insisting she continued to live with the star after their 2008 divorce. And her rep, Sheila Erickson, has vowed to "do everything possible to fight this in court", adding "Gary would want Shannon in that house. It was their house together."
Price wants to be recognized as Coleman's wife so she can challenge the actor's ex-girlfriend, Anna Gray, for control of his estate. Both claim documents written by Coleman award them his belongings.
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces