Julia Roberts Wowed Husband by Joining Half-Marathon
Actress Julia Roberts turned athlete when she ran a half-marathon in 2009 - to shock husband Danny Moder and prove to their kids women could do something "cool" and "powerful". The "Pretty Woman" star hated exercise before she signed up to run the Santa to the Sea race in Oxnard, California in December last year.
But she vowed to compete in the 13.1 mile (21 kilometer) challenge to impress her athletic husband Moder and their three kids, three-year-old Henry and five-year-old twins, daughter Hazel and son Finn. And finishing the run proved to be a life-changing experience for the star.
She explains, "I did (the race) just before Christmas time. It's shocking... You know, here's the thing. I am not what one would consider athletic. I am not swift on my feet. I did this for two reasons. One, to woo and impress my husband, who is very swift and athletic... I had to revive him when I told him I was doing it, which was also fun." She adds, "The second reason I did it was because he is so cool and does these cool great things. I thought, I want my children to see a girl can do something cool and powerful and swift. I did it and I loved it."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App