Julia Roberts Wowed Husband by Joining Half-Marathon
Actress Julia Roberts turned athlete when she ran a half-marathon in 2009 - to shock husband Danny Moder and prove to their kids women could do something "cool" and "powerful". The "Pretty Woman" star hated exercise before she signed up to run the Santa to the Sea race in Oxnard, California in December last year.
But she vowed to compete in the 13.1 mile (21 kilometer) challenge to impress her athletic husband Moder and their three kids, three-year-old Henry and five-year-old twins, daughter Hazel and son Finn. And finishing the run proved to be a life-changing experience for the star.
She explains, "I did (the race) just before Christmas time. It's shocking... You know, here's the thing. I am not what one would consider athletic. I am not swift on my feet. I did this for two reasons. One, to woo and impress my husband, who is very swift and athletic... I had to revive him when I told him I was doing it, which was also fun." She adds, "The second reason I did it was because he is so cool and does these cool great things. I thought, I want my children to see a girl can do something cool and powerful and swift. I did it and I loved it."
More Julia Roberts News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie