Julia Roberts Wowed Husband by Joining Half-Marathon
Actress Julia Roberts turned athlete when she ran a half-marathon in 2009 - to shock husband Danny Moder and prove to their kids women could do something "cool" and "powerful". The "Pretty Woman" star hated exercise before she signed up to run the Santa to the Sea race in Oxnard, California in December last year.
But she vowed to compete in the 13.1 mile (21 kilometer) challenge to impress her athletic husband Moder and their three kids, three-year-old Henry and five-year-old twins, daughter Hazel and son Finn. And finishing the run proved to be a life-changing experience for the star.
She explains, "I did (the race) just before Christmas time. It's shocking... You know, here's the thing. I am not what one would consider athletic. I am not swift on my feet. I did this for two reasons. One, to woo and impress my husband, who is very swift and athletic... I had to revive him when I told him I was doing it, which was also fun." She adds, "The second reason I did it was because he is so cool and does these cool great things. I thought, I want my children to see a girl can do something cool and powerful and swift. I did it and I loved it."
More Julia Roberts News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch