U2 Expected to Headline 2011 Glastonbury
The organizer of Britain's legendary Glastonbury festival has confirmed he's asked Irish rockers U2 to headline next year's event. The band was forced to pull out of its slot at this year's festival after frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery, with Damon Albarn's Gorillaz stepping in to take U2's place.
Organizer Michael Eavis has now revealed he's invited the band to make its Glastonbury debut in 2011, although he's still waiting to have the offer confirmed. Eavis has also admitted he's booked the two other headline acts for 2011, but refused to name them.
Artists rumored to be in the running to take the top slots at the festival include Lady GaGa and The Rolling Stones.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert