U2 Expected to Headline 2011 Glastonbury
The organizer of Britain's legendary Glastonbury festival has confirmed he's asked Irish rockers U2 to headline next year's event. The band was forced to pull out of its slot at this year's festival after frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery, with Damon Albarn's Gorillaz stepping in to take U2's place.
Organizer Michael Eavis has now revealed he's invited the band to make its Glastonbury debut in 2011, although he's still waiting to have the offer confirmed. Eavis has also admitted he's booked the two other headline acts for 2011, but refused to name them.
Artists rumored to be in the running to take the top slots at the festival include Lady GaGa and The Rolling Stones.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl