U2 Expected to Headline 2011 Glastonbury
The organizer of Britain's legendary Glastonbury festival has confirmed he's asked Irish rockers U2 to headline next year's event. The band was forced to pull out of its slot at this year's festival after frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery, with Damon Albarn's Gorillaz stepping in to take U2's place.
Organizer Michael Eavis has now revealed he's invited the band to make its Glastonbury debut in 2011, although he's still waiting to have the offer confirmed. Eavis has also admitted he's booked the two other headline acts for 2011, but refused to name them.
Artists rumored to be in the running to take the top slots at the festival include Lady GaGa and The Rolling Stones.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie