U2 Expected to Headline 2011 Glastonbury
The organizer of Britain's legendary Glastonbury festival has confirmed he's asked Irish rockers U2 to headline next year's event. The band was forced to pull out of its slot at this year's festival after frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery, with Damon Albarn's Gorillaz stepping in to take U2's place.
Organizer Michael Eavis has now revealed he's invited the band to make its Glastonbury debut in 2011, although he's still waiting to have the offer confirmed. Eavis has also admitted he's booked the two other headline acts for 2011, but refused to name them.
Artists rumored to be in the running to take the top slots at the festival include Lady GaGa and The Rolling Stones.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms