U2 Expected to Headline 2011 Glastonbury
The organizer of Britain's legendary Glastonbury festival has confirmed he's asked Irish rockers U2 to headline next year's event. The band was forced to pull out of its slot at this year's festival after frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery, with Damon Albarn's Gorillaz stepping in to take U2's place.
Organizer Michael Eavis has now revealed he's invited the band to make its Glastonbury debut in 2011, although he's still waiting to have the offer confirmed. Eavis has also admitted he's booked the two other headline acts for 2011, but refused to name them.
Artists rumored to be in the running to take the top slots at the festival include Lady GaGa and The Rolling Stones.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked