Ryan Reynolds Saves 'Green Lantern' From Fans' Wrath
Actor Ryan Reynolds demanded a rewrite for his new action film "Green Lantern" - after realizing an iconic line from the comic book was misquoted. The actor, who stars as the title character superhero in the DC Comics project, was reading the script when he noticed the error in the famous Green Lantern Corps Oath.
He immediately stepped in to alert bosses to the mistake - because he knew fans of the original comic book would "murder" them if they got it wrong. Reynolds tells Fandango.com, "I remember when I read... and there's been rewrites and redrafts and sometimes different dialogue is transcribed by people... and somebody wrote it down wrong. Nobody caught it and at the last minute I did."
"(I told them) 'You CANNOT get the Oath wrong! We had a meeting about this... this is where (the fans) will murder you.' But it was amazing finally saying it for the first time."
More Green Lantern News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?