Ryan Reynolds Saves 'Green Lantern' From Fans' Wrath
Actor Ryan Reynolds demanded a rewrite for his new action film "Green Lantern" - after realizing an iconic line from the comic book was misquoted. The actor, who stars as the title character superhero in the DC Comics project, was reading the script when he noticed the error in the famous Green Lantern Corps Oath.
He immediately stepped in to alert bosses to the mistake - because he knew fans of the original comic book would "murder" them if they got it wrong. Reynolds tells Fandango.com, "I remember when I read... and there's been rewrites and redrafts and sometimes different dialogue is transcribed by people... and somebody wrote it down wrong. Nobody caught it and at the last minute I did."
"(I told them) 'You CANNOT get the Oath wrong! We had a meeting about this... this is where (the fans) will murder you.' But it was amazing finally saying it for the first time."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son