Ryan Reynolds Saves 'Green Lantern' From Fans' Wrath
Actor Ryan Reynolds demanded a rewrite for his new action film "Green Lantern" - after realizing an iconic line from the comic book was misquoted. The actor, who stars as the title character superhero in the DC Comics project, was reading the script when he noticed the error in the famous Green Lantern Corps Oath.
He immediately stepped in to alert bosses to the mistake - because he knew fans of the original comic book would "murder" them if they got it wrong. Reynolds tells Fandango.com, "I remember when I read... and there's been rewrites and redrafts and sometimes different dialogue is transcribed by people... and somebody wrote it down wrong. Nobody caught it and at the last minute I did."
"(I told them) 'You CANNOT get the Oath wrong! We had a meeting about this... this is where (the fans) will murder you.' But it was amazing finally saying it for the first time."
More Green Lantern News
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight