Ryan Reynolds Saves 'Green Lantern' From Fans' Wrath
Actor Ryan Reynolds demanded a rewrite for his new action film "Green Lantern" - after realizing an iconic line from the comic book was misquoted. The actor, who stars as the title character superhero in the DC Comics project, was reading the script when he noticed the error in the famous Green Lantern Corps Oath.
He immediately stepped in to alert bosses to the mistake - because he knew fans of the original comic book would "murder" them if they got it wrong. Reynolds tells Fandango.com, "I remember when I read... and there's been rewrites and redrafts and sometimes different dialogue is transcribed by people... and somebody wrote it down wrong. Nobody caught it and at the last minute I did."
"(I told them) 'You CANNOT get the Oath wrong! We had a meeting about this... this is where (the fans) will murder you.' But it was amazing finally saying it for the first time."
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018