Ryan Reynolds Saves 'Green Lantern' From Fans' Wrath
Actor Ryan Reynolds demanded a rewrite for his new action film "Green Lantern" - after realizing an iconic line from the comic book was misquoted. The actor, who stars as the title character superhero in the DC Comics project, was reading the script when he noticed the error in the famous Green Lantern Corps Oath.
He immediately stepped in to alert bosses to the mistake - because he knew fans of the original comic book would "murder" them if they got it wrong. Reynolds tells Fandango.com, "I remember when I read... and there's been rewrites and redrafts and sometimes different dialogue is transcribed by people... and somebody wrote it down wrong. Nobody caught it and at the last minute I did."
"(I told them) 'You CANNOT get the Oath wrong! We had a meeting about this... this is where (the fans) will murder you.' But it was amazing finally saying it for the first time."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'