'30 Rock' Grizz's Kidney Transplant Is Successful
"30 Rock"star Grizz Chapman's appeal for a kidney donor was a success - the funnyman underwent a transplant last month. The actor, who suffers from severe hypertension, was told by doctors he would have to shape up before they could perform kidney replacement surgery.
Chapman, who plays Tracy Morgan's sidekick on the hit TV comedy, slimmed down to 350 pounds earlier this year after embarking on a healthy lifestyle. And the weight loss enabled Chapman to undergo a lifesaving kidney operation at New York's Montefiore Medical Center in July, according to the Associated Press.
The star is set to open up about his experience at an event in the Big Apple observing National Minority Organ Donor Awareness Day on Thursday, August 5.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money