'30 Rock' Grizz's Kidney Transplant Is Successful
"30 Rock"star Grizz Chapman's appeal for a kidney donor was a success - the funnyman underwent a transplant last month. The actor, who suffers from severe hypertension, was told by doctors he would have to shape up before they could perform kidney replacement surgery.
Chapman, who plays Tracy Morgan's sidekick on the hit TV comedy, slimmed down to 350 pounds earlier this year after embarking on a healthy lifestyle. And the weight loss enabled Chapman to undergo a lifesaving kidney operation at New York's Montefiore Medical Center in July, according to the Associated Press.
The star is set to open up about his experience at an event in the Big Apple observing National Minority Organ Donor Awareness Day on Thursday, August 5.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush