'30 Rock' Grizz's Kidney Transplant Is Successful
"30 Rock"star Grizz Chapman's appeal for a kidney donor was a success - the funnyman underwent a transplant last month. The actor, who suffers from severe hypertension, was told by doctors he would have to shape up before they could perform kidney replacement surgery.
Chapman, who plays Tracy Morgan's sidekick on the hit TV comedy, slimmed down to 350 pounds earlier this year after embarking on a healthy lifestyle. And the weight loss enabled Chapman to undergo a lifesaving kidney operation at New York's Montefiore Medical Center in July, according to the Associated Press.
The star is set to open up about his experience at an event in the Big Apple observing National Minority Organ Donor Awareness Day on Thursday, August 5.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal