'30 Rock' Grizz's Kidney Transplant Is Successful
"30 Rock"star Grizz Chapman's appeal for a kidney donor was a success - the funnyman underwent a transplant last month. The actor, who suffers from severe hypertension, was told by doctors he would have to shape up before they could perform kidney replacement surgery.
Chapman, who plays Tracy Morgan's sidekick on the hit TV comedy, slimmed down to 350 pounds earlier this year after embarking on a healthy lifestyle. And the weight loss enabled Chapman to undergo a lifesaving kidney operation at New York's Montefiore Medical Center in July, according to the Associated Press.
The star is set to open up about his experience at an event in the Big Apple observing National Minority Organ Donor Awareness Day on Thursday, August 5.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival