'30 Rock' Grizz's Kidney Transplant Is Successful
"30 Rock"star Grizz Chapman's appeal for a kidney donor was a success - the funnyman underwent a transplant last month. The actor, who suffers from severe hypertension, was told by doctors he would have to shape up before they could perform kidney replacement surgery.
Chapman, who plays Tracy Morgan's sidekick on the hit TV comedy, slimmed down to 350 pounds earlier this year after embarking on a healthy lifestyle. And the weight loss enabled Chapman to undergo a lifesaving kidney operation at New York's Montefiore Medical Center in July, according to the Associated Press.
The star is set to open up about his experience at an event in the Big Apple observing National Minority Organ Donor Awareness Day on Thursday, August 5.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease