Dr. Dre Working On Instrumental Album About What Each Planet Sounds Like
Rap legend Dr. Dre is working on another album in addition to his long-awaited "Detox (2008)" record - he's preparing a disc full of space-inspired instrumentals. The superproducer has promised to release the follow-up to his 1999 hit, "2001", by the end of the year after numerous delays.
But he reveals there's another project in the works too and it's truly out of this world. He tells Vibe magazine, "An instrumental album is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it 'The Planets'."
"It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I'm gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I've been doing this for about two years now, just in my spare time, so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work." A release date for the tentatively-titled "The Planets" has yet to be announced.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle