Dr. Dre Working On Instrumental Album About What Each Planet Sounds Like
Rap legend Dr. Dre is working on another album in addition to his long-awaited "Detox (2008)" record - he's preparing a disc full of space-inspired instrumentals. The superproducer has promised to release the follow-up to his 1999 hit, "2001", by the end of the year after numerous delays.
But he reveals there's another project in the works too and it's truly out of this world. He tells Vibe magazine, "An instrumental album is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it 'The Planets'."
"It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I'm gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I've been doing this for about two years now, just in my spare time, so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work." A release date for the tentatively-titled "The Planets" has yet to be announced.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered