Dr. Dre Working On Instrumental Album About What Each Planet Sounds Like
Rap legend Dr. Dre is working on another album in addition to his long-awaited "Detox (2008)" record - he's preparing a disc full of space-inspired instrumentals. The superproducer has promised to release the follow-up to his 1999 hit, "2001", by the end of the year after numerous delays.
But he reveals there's another project in the works too and it's truly out of this world. He tells Vibe magazine, "An instrumental album is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it 'The Planets'."
"It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I'm gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I've been doing this for about two years now, just in my spare time, so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work." A release date for the tentatively-titled "The Planets" has yet to be announced.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'