Dr. Dre Working On Instrumental Album About What Each Planet Sounds Like
Rap legend Dr. Dre is working on another album in addition to his long-awaited "Detox (2008)" record - he's preparing a disc full of space-inspired instrumentals. The superproducer has promised to release the follow-up to his 1999 hit, "2001", by the end of the year after numerous delays.
But he reveals there's another project in the works too and it's truly out of this world. He tells Vibe magazine, "An instrumental album is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it 'The Planets'."
"It's just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I'm gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I've been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I've been doing this for about two years now, just in my spare time, so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work." A release date for the tentatively-titled "The Planets" has yet to be announced.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March