Zac Efron Shares Terrifying Bat Encounter at Haunted House
Zac Efron has terrifying memories of a childhood visit to a haunted house - he was attacked by a colony of bats. The "High School Musical" star and a group of pals decided to spook themselves by visiting a property close to his California home that was rumored to have a resident ghost.
But when the boys sneaked through the dilapidated house, they were chased away by a frightening encounter with the winged mammals. He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "When I was growing up, the house next door was haunted, nobody would go inside. It had these broken boards and there were all kinds of weird stories about what happened there."
"One time me and my friends went in but it was really weird, like something from 'Alice in Wonderland'. We had to hike through a field of really tall grass to get to the front porch. There was a smashed window in the back, so we went inside and looked around."
"We went up to the attic and heard a bunch of noises. We were like: 'What is that?' Then all of a sudden bats just flew out at us - we were scared s**tless and ran away. I'm pretty sure that place is haunted."
More Zac Efron News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby