John Legend Shares Picture of Broken-by-Nephew Grammy
R&B star John Legend has been left nursing a bruised ego after one his nephews accidentally broke his prized Grammy Award for his hit album "Get Lifted". The "Green Light" hitmaker claimed the Best R&B Album of 2005 for his debut record and he has proudly displayed it in his New York apartment along with his other five Grammys.
But the award is now snapped in half after a mishap this week during a play date with his young relatives. Legend posted a photo of the damaged trophy on his Twitter.com page on Wednesday morning, August 4 and in the accompanying caption he writes, "Casualty of the nephews staying with me. I hope they send replacement grammys!"
His Twitter picture shocked many of his followers, who wrote back to the star suggesting ways to punish his nephew, but Legend has laughed off the incident and is thinking of ways to protect his other awards. He adds, "Funny how many of y'all told me to beat his a**. Haha. It was truly an accident. I'm just gonna have to nephew-proof my apt (apartment) a little better."
More John Legend News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent