John Legend Shares Picture of Broken-by-Nephew Grammy
R&B star John Legend has been left nursing a bruised ego after one his nephews accidentally broke his prized Grammy Award for his hit album "Get Lifted". The "Green Light" hitmaker claimed the Best R&B Album of 2005 for his debut record and he has proudly displayed it in his New York apartment along with his other five Grammys.
But the award is now snapped in half after a mishap this week during a play date with his young relatives. Legend posted a photo of the damaged trophy on his Twitter.com page on Wednesday morning, August 4 and in the accompanying caption he writes, "Casualty of the nephews staying with me. I hope they send replacement grammys!"
His Twitter picture shocked many of his followers, who wrote back to the star suggesting ways to punish his nephew, but Legend has laughed off the incident and is thinking of ways to protect his other awards. He adds, "Funny how many of y'all told me to beat his a**. Haha. It was truly an accident. I'm just gonna have to nephew-proof my apt (apartment) a little better."
More John Legend News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound