John Legend Shares Picture of Broken-by-Nephew Grammy
R&B star John Legend has been left nursing a bruised ego after one his nephews accidentally broke his prized Grammy Award for his hit album "Get Lifted". The "Green Light" hitmaker claimed the Best R&B Album of 2005 for his debut record and he has proudly displayed it in his New York apartment along with his other five Grammys.
But the award is now snapped in half after a mishap this week during a play date with his young relatives. Legend posted a photo of the damaged trophy on his Twitter.com page on Wednesday morning, August 4 and in the accompanying caption he writes, "Casualty of the nephews staying with me. I hope they send replacement grammys!"
His Twitter picture shocked many of his followers, who wrote back to the star suggesting ways to punish his nephew, but Legend has laughed off the incident and is thinking of ways to protect his other awards. He adds, "Funny how many of y'all told me to beat his a**. Haha. It was truly an accident. I'm just gonna have to nephew-proof my apt (apartment) a little better."
More John Legend News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed