July 25, 2016  

Bob Marley's Master Recordings Burnt in Ghana

August 5, 2010 (4:49 am) GMT
The tapes as well as the reggae legend's personal belongings kept in Studio One were destroyed by fire possibly caused by an electrical fault.

A stash of reggae legend 's master recordings and personal belongings has been destroyed by a fire in Aburi, Ghana. The tapes were being stored at the solar-powered studio established by Marley's wife Rita, who has lived in Africa for the past decade.

The studio complex, Studio One, was set to officially open in June this year - a month after it was ravaged by a blaze. Rita Marley insists she will rebuild the complex. She reveals the lost items include footage of her late husband performing in concert.

Work on the studio was completed in early 2009, but the launch was delayed because Rita Marley was out of the country. Initial reports suggested the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
  2. Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
  3. Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
  4. Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
  5. Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
  6. Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
  7. Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
  8. Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard