Barbra Streisand to Be Honored With MusiCares Person of the Year
Legendary entertainer Barbra Streisand will be feted as the 2011 MusiCares Person of the Year in recognition of her career achievements and extensive charity work. The singer and actress will be the guest of honor at the February 11, 2011 ceremony, which will be hosted by The Recording Academy - the organization behind the Grammy Awards - and the MusiCares Foundation in Los Angeles.
The 68-year-old has won a slew of accolades since rising to fame in the 1950s, including eight Grammys, two Oscars, four Emmys and a Tony Award. To date, she has sold more than 140 million albums worldwide, earning her the title as the best-selling female artist on the Recording Industry Association of America's (RIAA) Top Selling Artists list.
The "Funny Girl" star is also the founder of The Streisand Foundation, which gives grants to various U.S. organizations working to protect issues such as the environment, civil rights and women's issues. Next year's MusiCares ceremony, comprising of a dinner and concert, takes place two days before the 53rd annual Grammy Awards on February 13, 2011. Veteran singer-songwriter Neil Young was honored at the 2010 event.
More Barbra Streisand News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!