Lack of Money Forces Ne-Yo to Scrap Film Plan
R&B star Ne-Yo was forced to scrap plans to make a movie after he realized how much a big screen venture would cost. The singer wrote a short story which he wanted to bring alive in film form to coincide with the release of his latest album, "Libra Scale", in September.
But not long after he started putting the production together, Ne-Yo had to ax the project over fears the cost could spiral out of control. Speaking on U.K. TV show Loose Women, he explains, "(I had) an elaborate idea. I wrote a short story, I guess you could call it a script. My initial idea was to make a 45 minute mini-movie and my album would be the soundtrack to that film. But I found out the hard way that movies cost a whole lot of money and take a whole lot of time."
Ne-Yo subsequently scaled down his grand plan and used his concept to film the video for the album's first single, "Beautiful Monster". He adds, "We decided to tell the story through the video (instead)."
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR