Lack of Money Forces Ne-Yo to Scrap Film Plan
R&B star Ne-Yo was forced to scrap plans to make a movie after he realized how much a big screen venture would cost. The singer wrote a short story which he wanted to bring alive in film form to coincide with the release of his latest album, "Libra Scale", in September.
But not long after he started putting the production together, Ne-Yo had to ax the project over fears the cost could spiral out of control. Speaking on U.K. TV show Loose Women, he explains, "(I had) an elaborate idea. I wrote a short story, I guess you could call it a script. My initial idea was to make a 45 minute mini-movie and my album would be the soundtrack to that film. But I found out the hard way that movies cost a whole lot of money and take a whole lot of time."
Ne-Yo subsequently scaled down his grand plan and used his concept to film the video for the album's first single, "Beautiful Monster". He adds, "We decided to tell the story through the video (instead)."
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer