Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Work on Whale Documentary
Married couple Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson are set to work together on an upcoming documentary about killer whales. The blonde beauty is a co-executive producer of the film project, and her actor husband has signed up to narrate.
"The Whale" tells the true story of a baby killer whale which gets separated from its family and makes friends with humans. Reynolds is said to have been keen to take part because the production is set near his hometown of Vancouver, Canada, according to Variety.com.
"Ryan and Scarlett are both amazing in the range of their abilities," filmmaker Michael Parfit said. "It's not as if they're strictly pop culture people. They had so much respect for our vision. It's been another of those creative joys."
The filmmakers are hoping for U.S. theatrical release this fall or next spring, with PBS International handlng foreign sales.
More Ryan Reynolds News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story