Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Work on Whale Documentary
Married couple Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson are set to work together on an upcoming documentary about killer whales. The blonde beauty is a co-executive producer of the film project, and her actor husband has signed up to narrate.
"The Whale" tells the true story of a baby killer whale which gets separated from its family and makes friends with humans. Reynolds is said to have been keen to take part because the production is set near his hometown of Vancouver, Canada, according to Variety.com.
"Ryan and Scarlett are both amazing in the range of their abilities," filmmaker Michael Parfit said. "It's not as if they're strictly pop culture people. They had so much respect for our vision. It's been another of those creative joys."
The filmmakers are hoping for U.S. theatrical release this fall or next spring, with PBS International handlng foreign sales.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'