Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Work on Whale Documentary
Married couple Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson are set to work together on an upcoming documentary about killer whales. The blonde beauty is a co-executive producer of the film project, and her actor husband has signed up to narrate.
"The Whale" tells the true story of a baby killer whale which gets separated from its family and makes friends with humans. Reynolds is said to have been keen to take part because the production is set near his hometown of Vancouver, Canada, according to Variety.com.
"Ryan and Scarlett are both amazing in the range of their abilities," filmmaker Michael Parfit said. "It's not as if they're strictly pop culture people. They had so much respect for our vision. It's been another of those creative joys."
The filmmakers are hoping for U.S. theatrical release this fall or next spring, with PBS International handlng foreign sales.
More Ryan Reynolds News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik