Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Work on Whale Documentary
Married couple Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson are set to work together on an upcoming documentary about killer whales. The blonde beauty is a co-executive producer of the film project, and her actor husband has signed up to narrate.
"The Whale" tells the true story of a baby killer whale which gets separated from its family and makes friends with humans. Reynolds is said to have been keen to take part because the production is set near his hometown of Vancouver, Canada, according to Variety.com.
"Ryan and Scarlett are both amazing in the range of their abilities," filmmaker Michael Parfit said. "It's not as if they're strictly pop culture people. They had so much respect for our vision. It's been another of those creative joys."
The filmmakers are hoping for U.S. theatrical release this fall or next spring, with PBS International handlng foreign sales.
More Ryan Reynolds News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!