Bandmate Blindsided by Steven Tyler's Run for 'Idol' Judge
Steven Tyler's plans to join "American Idol" have infuriated his Aerosmith bandmates - guitarist Joe Perry has criticized the singer for keeping the news from the rest of the group. There are currently two empty slots on the TV talent show's judging panel and rumors have been rife over who will replace Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, who quit after just one season.
Tyler is one of many stars linked to a judging role, and the rocker confirmed this week that he has spoken to executives at TV network Fox about joining the show. But the revelation came as a shock to Tyler's bandmates, with Perry criticizing his pal for not sharing his plans. The guitarist has also spoken of his fears for the future of Aerosmith if the frontman does decide to step in front of the cameras as an "American Idol" judge.
Perry tells the Boston Herald, "I found out on the internet like the rest of the world... I mean, this is no small thing. I mean, after working with me for 40 years, he couldn't tell me about this... Why so secretive? We're told it's a done deal. If Steven is committed to a TV show, that kind of affects the rest of us. We'd like to plan our lives, ya know?"
Tyler unexpectedly quit the band last year, and the rockers decided to audition for a new singer so they could continue plans for a tour and a new album, but Tyler's lawyers blocked the move and he subsequently rejoined them.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video