Eric Dane and Rebeca Gayheart Won Raunchy Video Battle
"Grey's Anatomy" star Eric Dane and his wife Rebecca Gayheart have won their legal battle with a website which posted a raunchy video of the couple indulging in a threesome with a former beauty queen.
The actors were furious when footage of them frolicking nude with former Miss Teen USA Kari Ann Peniche hit the internet last August and they filed suit against Gawker.com, claiming the website's bosses unlawfully posted footage and "maliciously" distributed the video.
The legal battle was settled this week, with executives at Gawker agreeing to take down the video and pay an undisclosed sum to the couple in exchange for no further legal action.
A statement from Gawker boss Gaby Darbyshire, released to the Hollywood Reporter, reads, "Although we are confident that our use of the video on Gawker was protected fair use, because the posts already had been available to our readers for nearly a year, and because we already had won an important decision from the court striking large parts of the plaintiffs' damages claims, we agreed to remove the posts as part of a global settlement to avoid the burden of further litigation."
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance