Eric Dane and Rebeca Gayheart Won Raunchy Video Battle
"Grey's Anatomy" star Eric Dane and his wife Rebecca Gayheart have won their legal battle with a website which posted a raunchy video of the couple indulging in a threesome with a former beauty queen.
The actors were furious when footage of them frolicking nude with former Miss Teen USA Kari Ann Peniche hit the internet last August and they filed suit against Gawker.com, claiming the website's bosses unlawfully posted footage and "maliciously" distributed the video.
The legal battle was settled this week, with executives at Gawker agreeing to take down the video and pay an undisclosed sum to the couple in exchange for no further legal action.
A statement from Gawker boss Gaby Darbyshire, released to the Hollywood Reporter, reads, "Although we are confident that our use of the video on Gawker was protected fair use, because the posts already had been available to our readers for nearly a year, and because we already had won an important decision from the court striking large parts of the plaintiffs' damages claims, we agreed to remove the posts as part of a global settlement to avoid the burden of further litigation."
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities