Eric Dane and Rebeca Gayheart Won Raunchy Video Battle
"Grey's Anatomy" star Eric Dane and his wife Rebecca Gayheart have won their legal battle with a website which posted a raunchy video of the couple indulging in a threesome with a former beauty queen.
The actors were furious when footage of them frolicking nude with former Miss Teen USA Kari Ann Peniche hit the internet last August and they filed suit against Gawker.com, claiming the website's bosses unlawfully posted footage and "maliciously" distributed the video.
The legal battle was settled this week, with executives at Gawker agreeing to take down the video and pay an undisclosed sum to the couple in exchange for no further legal action.
A statement from Gawker boss Gaby Darbyshire, released to the Hollywood Reporter, reads, "Although we are confident that our use of the video on Gawker was protected fair use, because the posts already had been available to our readers for nearly a year, and because we already had won an important decision from the court striking large parts of the plaintiffs' damages claims, we agreed to remove the posts as part of a global settlement to avoid the burden of further litigation."
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers