A Car Nearly Hit Heavily Drunk Amy Winehouse
Amy Winehouse has sparked fresh fears for her health after allegedly embarking on a 16-hour booze binge which ended with her slumped in a London street on Tuesday morning, August 3. The "Back to Black" hitmaker headed to the city's celebrity hangout pub, The Hawley Arms, on Monday evening, August 2 and was snapped drinking with actress pal Mischa Barton and talking to Russell Brand's father Ron.
"The O.C." actress left before midnight but Winehouse, who spent eight months in the Caribbean in 2009 in a bid to conquer her drug and drink issues, reportedly carried on partying until 9.30 A.M. on Tuesday. But the night almost ended in disaster when the singer stumbled in front of a moving car, according to Britain's The Sun.
An onlooker tells the publication, "A car nearly hit her as she walked in the road. It had to brake really hard." Winehouse is said to have been upset after an argument with her new boyfriend, filmmaker Reg Traviss and she was comforted by a local taxi driver.
Cab driver Michael Prenpeh says, "She was totally gone (drunk). She'd no idea what she was doing. She said her boyfriend had no respect for her and was blubbing (crying) away - I gave her a tissue." The singer has been in and out of hospital in London this year as she attempts to overcome her alleged alcohol problems.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie