A Car Nearly Hit Heavily Drunk Amy Winehouse
Amy Winehouse has sparked fresh fears for her health after allegedly embarking on a 16-hour booze binge which ended with her slumped in a London street on Tuesday morning, August 3. The "Back to Black" hitmaker headed to the city's celebrity hangout pub, The Hawley Arms, on Monday evening, August 2 and was snapped drinking with actress pal Mischa Barton and talking to Russell Brand's father Ron.
"The O.C." actress left before midnight but Winehouse, who spent eight months in the Caribbean in 2009 in a bid to conquer her drug and drink issues, reportedly carried on partying until 9.30 A.M. on Tuesday. But the night almost ended in disaster when the singer stumbled in front of a moving car, according to Britain's The Sun.
An onlooker tells the publication, "A car nearly hit her as she walked in the road. It had to brake really hard." Winehouse is said to have been upset after an argument with her new boyfriend, filmmaker Reg Traviss and she was comforted by a local taxi driver.
Cab driver Michael Prenpeh says, "She was totally gone (drunk). She'd no idea what she was doing. She said her boyfriend had no respect for her and was blubbing (crying) away - I gave her a tissue." The singer has been in and out of hospital in London this year as she attempts to overcome her alleged alcohol problems.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo