Prince Sued for Failing to Pay Former Lawyer
Prince is facing a $50,000 (33,300 pound sterling) legal bill after allegedly failing to pay his former lawyer. Ed McPherson filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday, August 3, claiming the "Purple Rain" hitmaker owes him for his work on two different cases.
The attorney says he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 (33,325 pound sterling) by the star. McPherson claims he has made "countless attempts ... to resolve this matter" with Prince and is seeking to recover his costs through the courts, according to TMZ.com.
In early this year, Prince has just settled a lawsuit over a canceled concert in Ireland. Details of the settlement were not made public but MCD promoter Denis Desmond said he was "delighted" with the result.
More Prince News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!