Prince Sued for Failing to Pay Former Lawyer
Prince is facing a $50,000 (33,300 pound sterling) legal bill after allegedly failing to pay his former lawyer. Ed McPherson filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday, August 3, claiming the "Purple Rain" hitmaker owes him for his work on two different cases.
The attorney says he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 (33,325 pound sterling) by the star. McPherson claims he has made "countless attempts ... to resolve this matter" with Prince and is seeking to recover his costs through the courts, according to TMZ.com.
In early this year, Prince has just settled a lawsuit over a canceled concert in Ireland. Details of the settlement were not made public but MCD promoter Denis Desmond said he was "delighted" with the result.
More Prince News
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant