Prince Sued for Failing to Pay Former Lawyer
Prince is facing a $50,000 (33,300 pound sterling) legal bill after allegedly failing to pay his former lawyer. Ed McPherson filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday, August 3, claiming the "Purple Rain" hitmaker owes him for his work on two different cases.
The attorney says he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 (33,325 pound sterling) by the star. McPherson claims he has made "countless attempts ... to resolve this matter" with Prince and is seeking to recover his costs through the courts, according to TMZ.com.
In early this year, Prince has just settled a lawsuit over a canceled concert in Ireland. Details of the settlement were not made public but MCD promoter Denis Desmond said he was "delighted" with the result.
More Prince News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch