Prince Sued for Failing to Pay Former Lawyer
Prince is facing a $50,000 (33,300 pound sterling) legal bill after allegedly failing to pay his former lawyer. Ed McPherson filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday, August 3, claiming the "Purple Rain" hitmaker owes him for his work on two different cases.
The attorney says he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 (33,325 pound sterling) by the star. McPherson claims he has made "countless attempts ... to resolve this matter" with Prince and is seeking to recover his costs through the courts, according to TMZ.com.
In early this year, Prince has just settled a lawsuit over a canceled concert in Ireland. Details of the settlement were not made public but MCD promoter Denis Desmond said he was "delighted" with the result.
More Prince News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group