Prince Sued for Failing to Pay Former Lawyer
Prince is facing a $50,000 (33,300 pound sterling) legal bill after allegedly failing to pay his former lawyer. Ed McPherson filed papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday, August 3, claiming the "Purple Rain" hitmaker owes him for his work on two different cases.
The attorney says he "performed legal services on (Prince's) behalf in an exemplary manner" but has yet to be paid $49,987 (33,325 pound sterling) by the star. McPherson claims he has made "countless attempts ... to resolve this matter" with Prince and is seeking to recover his costs through the courts, according to TMZ.com.
In early this year, Prince has just settled a lawsuit over a canceled concert in Ireland. Details of the settlement were not made public but MCD promoter Denis Desmond said he was "delighted" with the result.
More Prince News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March