Plan B to Develop Comedy Sketch Show
British singer Plan B is eying a move to the small screen - he's developing a new comedy sketch show, according to a U.K. report. The star, real name Ben Drew, is said to have met with bosses at a number of production companies in Britain in the hope of launching a TV programme, based on a series of short films he made while promoting his recent album, "The Defamation of Strickland Banks".
The rapper - who has also starred in a number of movies, including Michael Caine's "Harry Brown" - is reportedly hoping to emulate the success of the BBC's hit 1990s comedy series, "The Fast Show". A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Ben has a real passion for comedy and would love to create a Fast Show-style series."
"He's always filming little skits with his crew and making up characters and funny storylines. It's a laugh for him but he feels there's something in it. He reckons it would appeal to a wider audience other than just his mates."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation