'Alice in Wonderland' Musical to Invade Broadway
"Alice in Wonderland" is set for a new adaption - on the Broadway stage. The classic Lewis Carroll story was adapted by Tim Burton earlier this year for a Disney 3D adventure, starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
The film took more than $1 billion at the global box office and theater bosses in New York are hoping to cash in on the tale's renewed popularity. "Wonderland: A New Alice" will see a modern-day Alice estranged from her husband and alienated from her daughter while trying to keep her job before finding herself back in Wonderland.
The show is set to open on April 17, with previews beginning on March 21, according to the Associated Press. It will be directed by Gregory Boyd with music by Wildhorn and lyrics by Jack Murphy.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son