'Alice in Wonderland' Musical to Invade Broadway
"Alice in Wonderland" is set for a new adaption - on the Broadway stage. The classic Lewis Carroll story was adapted by Tim Burton earlier this year for a Disney 3D adventure, starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
The film took more than $1 billion at the global box office and theater bosses in New York are hoping to cash in on the tale's renewed popularity. "Wonderland: A New Alice" will see a modern-day Alice estranged from her husband and alienated from her daughter while trying to keep her job before finding herself back in Wonderland.
The show is set to open on April 17, with previews beginning on March 21, according to the Associated Press. It will be directed by Gregory Boyd with music by Wildhorn and lyrics by Jack Murphy.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time