'Alice in Wonderland' Musical to Invade Broadway
"Alice in Wonderland" is set for a new adaption - on the Broadway stage. The classic Lewis Carroll story was adapted by Tim Burton earlier this year for a Disney 3D adventure, starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
The film took more than $1 billion at the global box office and theater bosses in New York are hoping to cash in on the tale's renewed popularity. "Wonderland: A New Alice" will see a modern-day Alice estranged from her husband and alienated from her daughter while trying to keep her job before finding herself back in Wonderland.
The show is set to open on April 17, with previews beginning on March 21, according to the Associated Press. It will be directed by Gregory Boyd with music by Wildhorn and lyrics by Jack Murphy.
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs