'Alice in Wonderland' Musical to Invade Broadway
"Alice in Wonderland" is set for a new adaption - on the Broadway stage. The classic Lewis Carroll story was adapted by Tim Burton earlier this year for a Disney 3D adventure, starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
The film took more than $1 billion at the global box office and theater bosses in New York are hoping to cash in on the tale's renewed popularity. "Wonderland: A New Alice" will see a modern-day Alice estranged from her husband and alienated from her daughter while trying to keep her job before finding herself back in Wonderland.
The show is set to open on April 17, with previews beginning on March 21, according to the Associated Press. It will be directed by Gregory Boyd with music by Wildhorn and lyrics by Jack Murphy.
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii