'Alice in Wonderland' Musical to Invade Broadway
"Alice in Wonderland" is set for a new adaption - on the Broadway stage. The classic Lewis Carroll story was adapted by Tim Burton earlier this year for a Disney 3D adventure, starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
The film took more than $1 billion at the global box office and theater bosses in New York are hoping to cash in on the tale's renewed popularity. "Wonderland: A New Alice" will see a modern-day Alice estranged from her husband and alienated from her daughter while trying to keep her job before finding herself back in Wonderland.
The show is set to open on April 17, with previews beginning on March 21, according to the Associated Press. It will be directed by Gregory Boyd with music by Wildhorn and lyrics by Jack Murphy.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!