Geoffrey Hughes' Cancer Is Back
Beloved British actor Geoffrey Hughes is undergoing "heavy radiotherapy" in hospital after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, just a year after he was given the all-clear from the disease. "The Royle Family" star collapsed with back pains at his home on Britain's Isle of Wight last Friday, July 30 and was taken to hospital by his wife Sue.
Medics at Portsmouth's Queen Alexandra hospital gave him the devastating news that he is suffering from prostate cancer again, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Geoffrey is not in a very good way. He is undergoing heavy radiotherapy and is in terrible discomfort."
"He thought he was over the worst after his treatment last year so it was a massive shock to find out it had returned. He's a fighter and he is doing his damnedest to try to beat it again. Sue is showering him with love but it is an awful situation."
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship