Geoffrey Hughes' Cancer Is Back
Beloved British actor Geoffrey Hughes is undergoing "heavy radiotherapy" in hospital after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, just a year after he was given the all-clear from the disease. "The Royle Family" star collapsed with back pains at his home on Britain's Isle of Wight last Friday, July 30 and was taken to hospital by his wife Sue.
Medics at Portsmouth's Queen Alexandra hospital gave him the devastating news that he is suffering from prostate cancer again, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Geoffrey is not in a very good way. He is undergoing heavy radiotherapy and is in terrible discomfort."
"He thought he was over the worst after his treatment last year so it was a massive shock to find out it had returned. He's a fighter and he is doing his damnedest to try to beat it again. Sue is showering him with love but it is an awful situation."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'