Geoffrey Hughes' Cancer Is Back
Beloved British actor Geoffrey Hughes is undergoing "heavy radiotherapy" in hospital after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, just a year after he was given the all-clear from the disease. "The Royle Family" star collapsed with back pains at his home on Britain's Isle of Wight last Friday, July 30 and was taken to hospital by his wife Sue.
Medics at Portsmouth's Queen Alexandra hospital gave him the devastating news that he is suffering from prostate cancer again, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Geoffrey is not in a very good way. He is undergoing heavy radiotherapy and is in terrible discomfort."
"He thought he was over the worst after his treatment last year so it was a massive shock to find out it had returned. He's a fighter and he is doing his damnedest to try to beat it again. Sue is showering him with love but it is an awful situation."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story