Geoffrey Hughes' Cancer Is Back
Beloved British actor Geoffrey Hughes is undergoing "heavy radiotherapy" in hospital after he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, just a year after he was given the all-clear from the disease. "The Royle Family" star collapsed with back pains at his home on Britain's Isle of Wight last Friday, July 30 and was taken to hospital by his wife Sue.
Medics at Portsmouth's Queen Alexandra hospital gave him the devastating news that he is suffering from prostate cancer again, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Geoffrey is not in a very good way. He is undergoing heavy radiotherapy and is in terrible discomfort."
"He thought he was over the worst after his treatment last year so it was a massive shock to find out it had returned. He's a fighter and he is doing his damnedest to try to beat it again. Sue is showering him with love but it is an awful situation."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed