Sum 41-Featuring Warped Tour Marred by Death of a Concertgoer
A music festival featuring Sum 41 has been marred by the death of a concertgoer during a stop in Kansas on Monday, August 2. The Vans Warped Tour hit Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone in Bonner Springs this week with additional performances by artists like Taylor Momsen's The Pretty Reckless, Alkaline Trio, Andrew W.K. and Mike Posner.
But the all-day event ended in tragedy when it emerged one man had died after falling ill at the show. The victim, Curtis Alan DeForest, a 26-year-old resident of Wichita, Kansas, was taken by ambulance to the Providence Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.
A cause of death has yet to be established and a police investigation is now underway. Tour organizers have expressed their condolences to DeForest's family with a post of the tour website. It reads: "Our thoughts and prayers to the young man's family and friends. Tour organizers are working closely with Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone staff and local officials to determine the actual facts surrounding this tragic incident and will make further details known as they become available."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance