Sum 41-Featuring Warped Tour Marred by Death of a Concertgoer
A music festival featuring Sum 41 has been marred by the death of a concertgoer during a stop in Kansas on Monday, August 2. The Vans Warped Tour hit Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone in Bonner Springs this week with additional performances by artists like Taylor Momsen's The Pretty Reckless, Alkaline Trio, Andrew W.K. and Mike Posner.
But the all-day event ended in tragedy when it emerged one man had died after falling ill at the show. The victim, Curtis Alan DeForest, a 26-year-old resident of Wichita, Kansas, was taken by ambulance to the Providence Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.
A cause of death has yet to be established and a police investigation is now underway. Tour organizers have expressed their condolences to DeForest's family with a post of the tour website. It reads: "Our thoughts and prayers to the young man's family and friends. Tour organizers are working closely with Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone staff and local officials to determine the actual facts surrounding this tragic incident and will make further details known as they become available."
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab