Sum 41-Featuring Warped Tour Marred by Death of a Concertgoer
A music festival featuring Sum 41 has been marred by the death of a concertgoer during a stop in Kansas on Monday, August 2. The Vans Warped Tour hit Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone in Bonner Springs this week with additional performances by artists like Taylor Momsen's The Pretty Reckless, Alkaline Trio, Andrew W.K. and Mike Posner.
But the all-day event ended in tragedy when it emerged one man had died after falling ill at the show. The victim, Curtis Alan DeForest, a 26-year-old resident of Wichita, Kansas, was taken by ambulance to the Providence Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.
A cause of death has yet to be established and a police investigation is now underway. Tour organizers have expressed their condolences to DeForest's family with a post of the tour website. It reads: "Our thoughts and prayers to the young man's family and friends. Tour organizers are working closely with Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone staff and local officials to determine the actual facts surrounding this tragic incident and will make further details known as they become available."
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board