Sophia Bush to Run Half-Marathon for Oil Spill Charity
Actress Sophia Bush is in training to run a half-marathon to raise funds for the victims of the BP oil spill affecting the Gulf. The "One Tree Hill" star flew to New Orleans, Louisiana in June to survey the damage caused by the BP slick, which has been drifting ashore since a rig ruptured in April.
She was left angry by the lack of help for those living in the area and pledged to do all she could to aid them. And now she's preparing to run 13.1 miles to raise much-needed cash - but Bush admits she is worried about the massive race.
In a post on her blog, she writes, "I am going to run a half marathon this November. Yup. Me. The asthmatic with a years-old knee injury, who hasn't run a mile since Junior High. (But I) started to wonder. Could I run 13 miles? Would I make it? Would my lungs make it!? Would I be able to do this? I started to feel crazy and I started to feel scared. And then I told myself to go ahead and just shut up. 'You wanna run scared?' I asked myself. 'Well then you are RUNNING. THIS. RACE!' I strongly believe in doing things that scare you."
The 28 year old has been left overwhelmed by the support she's received - and she's also urged all of her fit fans to join her in the race: "Hopefully a few months from now we'll all be ready to hit it and do some good!"
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album