Sophia Bush to Run Half-Marathon for Oil Spill Charity
Actress Sophia Bush is in training to run a half-marathon to raise funds for the victims of the BP oil spill affecting the Gulf. The "One Tree Hill" star flew to New Orleans, Louisiana in June to survey the damage caused by the BP slick, which has been drifting ashore since a rig ruptured in April.
She was left angry by the lack of help for those living in the area and pledged to do all she could to aid them. And now she's preparing to run 13.1 miles to raise much-needed cash - but Bush admits she is worried about the massive race.
In a post on her blog, she writes, "I am going to run a half marathon this November. Yup. Me. The asthmatic with a years-old knee injury, who hasn't run a mile since Junior High. (But I) started to wonder. Could I run 13 miles? Would I make it? Would my lungs make it!? Would I be able to do this? I started to feel crazy and I started to feel scared. And then I told myself to go ahead and just shut up. 'You wanna run scared?' I asked myself. 'Well then you are RUNNING. THIS. RACE!' I strongly believe in doing things that scare you."
The 28 year old has been left overwhelmed by the support she's received - and she's also urged all of her fit fans to join her in the race: "Hopefully a few months from now we'll all be ready to hit it and do some good!"
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media