Neighbor Sues DJ AM's Estate for the Star's Ignorance of Broken Sewage Pipe
DJ AM's estate has been hit with a lawsuit from one of the beatmaker's former neighbors amid allegations a broken sewage pipe on the late star's Los Angeles property caused him to fall ill. Isaac Toveg filed suit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday, August 3, accusing the DJ, real name Adam Goldstein, of ignoring his complaints about a "gaseous foul odour and/or smell" emitting from the star's house.
In the legal papers, the man alleges the stench became so bad, it caused him to "experience problems in breathing and stomach ailments" whenever he stepped outside, leaving him feeling "severely ill". Toveg was eventually diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori, bacteria which can cause ulcers or stomach inflammation.
Toveg further claims that after Goldstein's death in August 2009, building inspectors found a "broken sewage pipe" on the property, which the neighbor says he is now "able to relate his illness to". He is suing Goldstein's estate for $25,000 in damages.
However, Jenni Weinman, a representative for the DJ's estate, has disregarded the lawsuit, insisting maintenance of the sewage pipes is likely to fall under the responsibility of city officials. She tells TMZ, "I am sure that any issues regarding the drainage system or sewer pipes in the neighborhood are more of a city maintenance issue as opposed to a DJ AM estate issue."
And Weinman has questioned the timing of Toveg's lawsuit, adding "It's ironic that this suit was filed so close to the year anniversary of Adam's passing." Goldstein suffered an accidental drug overdose on August 28, 2009.
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit
- Ben Affleck Looks in Good Spirits While Making First Public Appearance Since Rehab
- Lana Del Rey Announces New Album 'Lust for Life' With Eerie Trailer