Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody Reuniting for Charlize Theron-Starring Comedy
Director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody are aiming to replicate the success of their Oscar-winning hit "Juno" by teaming up for a new dark comedy starring Charlize Theron. The "Monster" actress has signed up for the lead role in "Young Adult", about an author who returns to her hometown to pursue an ex-boyfriend, who is now a married father-of-one.
Production is due to begin in New York in October, reports Deadline. Cody won the Best Screenplay Oscar in 2008 for teen pregnancy comedy "Juno", while Reitman was nominated for Best Director. The film also landed a mention in the Best Picture category.
On details of Theron's character in the upcoming project, the site further reported that the actress will play a ghost writer of young adult novels who plots to reclaim her identity. Her campaign involves going back and rekindling a relationship with her high school boyfriend. And while she works on her plan, the ghost writer reengages with high school acquaintances and their experiences in trying to fulfill all those high school hopes and dreams that often get crushed by the realities of life.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story