Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody Reuniting for Charlize Theron-Starring Comedy
Director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody are aiming to replicate the success of their Oscar-winning hit "Juno" by teaming up for a new dark comedy starring Charlize Theron. The "Monster" actress has signed up for the lead role in "Young Adult", about an author who returns to her hometown to pursue an ex-boyfriend, who is now a married father-of-one.
Production is due to begin in New York in October, reports Deadline. Cody won the Best Screenplay Oscar in 2008 for teen pregnancy comedy "Juno", while Reitman was nominated for Best Director. The film also landed a mention in the Best Picture category.
On details of Theron's character in the upcoming project, the site further reported that the actress will play a ghost writer of young adult novels who plots to reclaim her identity. Her campaign involves going back and rekindling a relationship with her high school boyfriend. And while she works on her plan, the ghost writer reengages with high school acquaintances and their experiences in trying to fulfill all those high school hopes and dreams that often get crushed by the realities of life.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding