Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody Reuniting for Charlize Theron-Starring Comedy
Director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody are aiming to replicate the success of their Oscar-winning hit "Juno" by teaming up for a new dark comedy starring Charlize Theron. The "Monster" actress has signed up for the lead role in "Young Adult", about an author who returns to her hometown to pursue an ex-boyfriend, who is now a married father-of-one.
Production is due to begin in New York in October, reports Deadline. Cody won the Best Screenplay Oscar in 2008 for teen pregnancy comedy "Juno", while Reitman was nominated for Best Director. The film also landed a mention in the Best Picture category.
On details of Theron's character in the upcoming project, the site further reported that the actress will play a ghost writer of young adult novels who plots to reclaim her identity. Her campaign involves going back and rekindling a relationship with her high school boyfriend. And while she works on her plan, the ghost writer reengages with high school acquaintances and their experiences in trying to fulfill all those high school hopes and dreams that often get crushed by the realities of life.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked