Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody Reuniting for Charlize Theron-Starring Comedy
Director Jason Reitman and screenwriter Diablo Cody are aiming to replicate the success of their Oscar-winning hit "Juno" by teaming up for a new dark comedy starring Charlize Theron. The "Monster" actress has signed up for the lead role in "Young Adult", about an author who returns to her hometown to pursue an ex-boyfriend, who is now a married father-of-one.
Production is due to begin in New York in October, reports Deadline. Cody won the Best Screenplay Oscar in 2008 for teen pregnancy comedy "Juno", while Reitman was nominated for Best Director. The film also landed a mention in the Best Picture category.
On details of Theron's character in the upcoming project, the site further reported that the actress will play a ghost writer of young adult novels who plots to reclaim her identity. Her campaign involves going back and rekindling a relationship with her high school boyfriend. And while she works on her plan, the ghost writer reengages with high school acquaintances and their experiences in trying to fulfill all those high school hopes and dreams that often get crushed by the realities of life.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage