Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gets 31 Stitches Following Accident on Film's Set
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is nursing an injured arm after crashing his bike while filming an action sequence for cycling movie "Premium Rush" in New York on Sunday, August 1. The "Inception" star, who plays a bike messenger in the movie, was shooting a fast-paced action scene on the city's busy streets when he crashed into a taxi window and cut his forearm.
The 29-year-old actor was briefly hospitalized and had to have 31 stitches in his arm following the accident, reports the Press Association. Gordon-Levitt showed off the gash, which was dripping with blood, in a video posting on his blog hitRECordjoe.tumblr.com shortly after the wreck.
In a note accompanying the video, he wrote: "My first real wreck today. Busted through the rear window of a cab. Luckily got my elbows up. Coulda (sic) been way worse. No, but it was my fault, I was going too fast. The director, Dave Koepp, was extremely concerned for my well-being, but I made him record the wound. Anyway, 'Premium Rush' is gonna be awesome. Gratuitous ER footage to follow, stay tuned."
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!