Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gets 31 Stitches Following Accident on Film's Set
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is nursing an injured arm after crashing his bike while filming an action sequence for cycling movie "Premium Rush" in New York on Sunday, August 1. The "Inception" star, who plays a bike messenger in the movie, was shooting a fast-paced action scene on the city's busy streets when he crashed into a taxi window and cut his forearm.
The 29-year-old actor was briefly hospitalized and had to have 31 stitches in his arm following the accident, reports the Press Association. Gordon-Levitt showed off the gash, which was dripping with blood, in a video posting on his blog hitRECordjoe.tumblr.com shortly after the wreck.
In a note accompanying the video, he wrote: "My first real wreck today. Busted through the rear window of a cab. Luckily got my elbows up. Coulda (sic) been way worse. No, but it was my fault, I was going too fast. The director, Dave Koepp, was extremely concerned for my well-being, but I made him record the wound. Anyway, 'Premium Rush' is gonna be awesome. Gratuitous ER footage to follow, stay tuned."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!