Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gets 31 Stitches Following Accident on Film's Set
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is nursing an injured arm after crashing his bike while filming an action sequence for cycling movie "Premium Rush" in New York on Sunday, August 1. The "Inception" star, who plays a bike messenger in the movie, was shooting a fast-paced action scene on the city's busy streets when he crashed into a taxi window and cut his forearm.
The 29-year-old actor was briefly hospitalized and had to have 31 stitches in his arm following the accident, reports the Press Association. Gordon-Levitt showed off the gash, which was dripping with blood, in a video posting on his blog hitRECordjoe.tumblr.com shortly after the wreck.
In a note accompanying the video, he wrote: "My first real wreck today. Busted through the rear window of a cab. Luckily got my elbows up. Coulda (sic) been way worse. No, but it was my fault, I was going too fast. The director, Dave Koepp, was extremely concerned for my well-being, but I made him record the wound. Anyway, 'Premium Rush' is gonna be awesome. Gratuitous ER footage to follow, stay tuned."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'