Producers of 'Inferno' Deny Replacing Lindsay Lohan
Producers working on Lindsay Lohan's upcoming Linda Lovelace biopic have dismissed reports they have begun auditioning other actresses for the lead role - insisting the stories are "completely unfounded and untrue".
The "Mean Girls" star landed the part of the troubled porn icon in upcoming film "Inferno", but her role in the production was thrown into jeopardy when she was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating her probation. The film's director Matthew Wilder pledged his support to Lohan, insisting the project will be put on hold until she is available, but his promise has failed to stem speculation the role will be recast.
Movie bosses were recently rumored to have grown tired of waiting for Lohan, who was released from jail on Monday, August 2 and will spend the next 90 days in a rehab clinic, but Wilder and producer Chris Hanley have spoken out to dismiss the claims.
A statement, released to E! Online reads, "The producers and director of Inferno, the story of Linda Lovelace, have been aware of certain media articles indicating there had been some alternative actors considered for the Lovelace role other than Lindsay Lohan. These stories are completely unfounded and untrue. The current production schedule, which works around L.L's (Lohan's) current court obligations, has a start of photography in November of this year."
"The creative team behind Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story wishes to express our renewed support for Lindsay Lohan. We never considered recasting Inferno, and never would recast it. There is no actor more ideally suited to this role than Lindsay, and we are content to start production after she finishes what the court mandated."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked