Mischa Barton to Ditch Hollywood for London
Mischa Barton is reportedly planning to put her problematic years in Hollywood behind her by moving back to her native London. "The O.C." star has endured a turbulent time in the spotlight recently, with a career slump and a meltdown last year which saw her hospitalized and placed on involuntary psychiatric hold.
Barton, who was born in Britain and moved to the U.S. at the age of six, is now said to be considering a transatlantic move from California so she can start afresh and spend more time with her U.K.-based boyfriend, DJ Ali Love. The actress is also said to be planning to move her career in a new direction by taking on a role in London's West End.
A source tells Britain's Heat magazine, "Mischa's found a great new guy. She can't wait to move to London to be with him. It's already in the works. Instead of Hollywood gigs, Mischa's focusing on a stage career in the West End. She wants to spend a year in London and see where things go with both the theatre and Ali. She's so happy to be starting afresh. She's so in love!"
If Barton does move to London, she will be able to spend more time with her elder sister, Zoe, who works as a barrister in the city. But a move to the U.K. capital might not be an end to Barton's wild ways - she was photographed partying with Amy Winehouse on Monday, August 2 night at the city's celebrity hangout pub, The Hawley Arms.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce