Mischa Barton to Ditch Hollywood for London
Mischa Barton is reportedly planning to put her problematic years in Hollywood behind her by moving back to her native London. "The O.C." star has endured a turbulent time in the spotlight recently, with a career slump and a meltdown last year which saw her hospitalized and placed on involuntary psychiatric hold.
Barton, who was born in Britain and moved to the U.S. at the age of six, is now said to be considering a transatlantic move from California so she can start afresh and spend more time with her U.K.-based boyfriend, DJ Ali Love. The actress is also said to be planning to move her career in a new direction by taking on a role in London's West End.
A source tells Britain's Heat magazine, "Mischa's found a great new guy. She can't wait to move to London to be with him. It's already in the works. Instead of Hollywood gigs, Mischa's focusing on a stage career in the West End. She wants to spend a year in London and see where things go with both the theatre and Ali. She's so happy to be starting afresh. She's so in love!"
If Barton does move to London, she will be able to spend more time with her elder sister, Zoe, who works as a barrister in the city. But a move to the U.K. capital might not be an end to Barton's wild ways - she was photographed partying with Amy Winehouse on Monday, August 2 night at the city's celebrity hangout pub, The Hawley Arms.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie