Mischa Barton to Ditch Hollywood for London
Mischa Barton is reportedly planning to put her problematic years in Hollywood behind her by moving back to her native London. "The O.C." star has endured a turbulent time in the spotlight recently, with a career slump and a meltdown last year which saw her hospitalized and placed on involuntary psychiatric hold.
Barton, who was born in Britain and moved to the U.S. at the age of six, is now said to be considering a transatlantic move from California so she can start afresh and spend more time with her U.K.-based boyfriend, DJ Ali Love. The actress is also said to be planning to move her career in a new direction by taking on a role in London's West End.
A source tells Britain's Heat magazine, "Mischa's found a great new guy. She can't wait to move to London to be with him. It's already in the works. Instead of Hollywood gigs, Mischa's focusing on a stage career in the West End. She wants to spend a year in London and see where things go with both the theatre and Ali. She's so happy to be starting afresh. She's so in love!"
If Barton does move to London, she will be able to spend more time with her elder sister, Zoe, who works as a barrister in the city. But a move to the U.K. capital might not be an end to Barton's wild ways - she was photographed partying with Amy Winehouse on Monday, August 2 night at the city's celebrity hangout pub, The Hawley Arms.
More Mischa Barton News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'