Mischa Barton to Ditch Hollywood for London
Mischa Barton is reportedly planning to put her problematic years in Hollywood behind her by moving back to her native London. "The O.C." star has endured a turbulent time in the spotlight recently, with a career slump and a meltdown last year which saw her hospitalized and placed on involuntary psychiatric hold.
Barton, who was born in Britain and moved to the U.S. at the age of six, is now said to be considering a transatlantic move from California so she can start afresh and spend more time with her U.K.-based boyfriend, DJ Ali Love. The actress is also said to be planning to move her career in a new direction by taking on a role in London's West End.
A source tells Britain's Heat magazine, "Mischa's found a great new guy. She can't wait to move to London to be with him. It's already in the works. Instead of Hollywood gigs, Mischa's focusing on a stage career in the West End. She wants to spend a year in London and see where things go with both the theatre and Ali. She's so happy to be starting afresh. She's so in love!"
If Barton does move to London, she will be able to spend more time with her elder sister, Zoe, who works as a barrister in the city. But a move to the U.K. capital might not be an end to Barton's wild ways - she was photographed partying with Amy Winehouse on Monday, August 2 night at the city's celebrity hangout pub, The Hawley Arms.
More Mischa Barton News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic