Rick Ross Praised for His Charity Work
Rapper Rick Ross has been hailed for his charity work as he prepares to support troubled youths in his annual back to school initiative in his native Florida this week. The hip-hop star will host the Third Annual Rick Ross Be Out Day in Miami on Wednesday, August 4, which aims to provide underprivileged kids with free food and drinks and study supplies for the upcoming school year.
This year's event, held by his Rick Ross Charities organization, will be presented in collaboration with North Miami city official Alix Desulme, The Children's Trust and The Urban League of Greater Miami. Ross has also called on his rap pal Waka Flocka Flame to join the activities, and Desulme has heaped praise on the heavyweight star for his philanthropy.
He tells AllHipHop, "We're proud of celebrities like Rick Ross who understand we all have to do our part to assist in providing much needed resources to the children of our community."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie