Rick Ross Praised for His Charity Work
Rapper Rick Ross has been hailed for his charity work as he prepares to support troubled youths in his annual back to school initiative in his native Florida this week. The hip-hop star will host the Third Annual Rick Ross Be Out Day in Miami on Wednesday, August 4, which aims to provide underprivileged kids with free food and drinks and study supplies for the upcoming school year.
This year's event, held by his Rick Ross Charities organization, will be presented in collaboration with North Miami city official Alix Desulme, The Children's Trust and The Urban League of Greater Miami. Ross has also called on his rap pal Waka Flocka Flame to join the activities, and Desulme has heaped praise on the heavyweight star for his philanthropy.
He tells AllHipHop, "We're proud of celebrities like Rick Ross who understand we all have to do our part to assist in providing much needed resources to the children of our community."
More Rick Ross News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed