Rick Ross Praised for His Charity Work
Rapper Rick Ross has been hailed for his charity work as he prepares to support troubled youths in his annual back to school initiative in his native Florida this week. The hip-hop star will host the Third Annual Rick Ross Be Out Day in Miami on Wednesday, August 4, which aims to provide underprivileged kids with free food and drinks and study supplies for the upcoming school year.
This year's event, held by his Rick Ross Charities organization, will be presented in collaboration with North Miami city official Alix Desulme, The Children's Trust and The Urban League of Greater Miami. Ross has also called on his rap pal Waka Flocka Flame to join the activities, and Desulme has heaped praise on the heavyweight star for his philanthropy.
He tells AllHipHop, "We're proud of celebrities like Rick Ross who understand we all have to do our part to assist in providing much needed resources to the children of our community."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns