Rick Ross Praised for His Charity Work
Rapper Rick Ross has been hailed for his charity work as he prepares to support troubled youths in his annual back to school initiative in his native Florida this week. The hip-hop star will host the Third Annual Rick Ross Be Out Day in Miami on Wednesday, August 4, which aims to provide underprivileged kids with free food and drinks and study supplies for the upcoming school year.
This year's event, held by his Rick Ross Charities organization, will be presented in collaboration with North Miami city official Alix Desulme, The Children's Trust and The Urban League of Greater Miami. Ross has also called on his rap pal Waka Flocka Flame to join the activities, and Desulme has heaped praise on the heavyweight star for his philanthropy.
He tells AllHipHop, "We're proud of celebrities like Rick Ross who understand we all have to do our part to assist in providing much needed resources to the children of our community."
More Rick Ross News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says