Janet Is the 'Cool' Aunt in Jackson Family
Janet Jackson is the famous family's "cool auntie" - her brother Michael Jackson's children go to her for help when they've misbehaved. The "Nasty" hitmaker has more than 25 nieces and nephews and admits they all see her as a confidante who acts as a peacemaker between them and their parents - and she is more than happy with the role.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I get texts and emails all day long from them. Auntie Janet this and Auntie Janet that. I'm the aunt that they come to when they think they're going to get in trouble. You know, 'I just got a tattoo, or a piercing. And my dad saw it last night and he wants to choke me! Can you talk to him, Auntie Janet?'"
Janet Jackson herself is not married although she had been in a long term relationship with producer Jermaine Dupri. The couple split in 2009 but remained friends.
More Janet Jackson News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March