Janet Is the 'Cool' Aunt in Jackson Family
Janet Jackson is the famous family's "cool auntie" - her brother Michael Jackson's children go to her for help when they've misbehaved. The "Nasty" hitmaker has more than 25 nieces and nephews and admits they all see her as a confidante who acts as a peacemaker between them and their parents - and she is more than happy with the role.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I get texts and emails all day long from them. Auntie Janet this and Auntie Janet that. I'm the aunt that they come to when they think they're going to get in trouble. You know, 'I just got a tattoo, or a piercing. And my dad saw it last night and he wants to choke me! Can you talk to him, Auntie Janet?'"
Janet Jackson herself is not married although she had been in a long term relationship with producer Jermaine Dupri. The couple split in 2009 but remained friends.
More Janet Jackson News
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies