Janet Is the 'Cool' Aunt in Jackson Family
Janet Jackson is the famous family's "cool auntie" - her brother Michael Jackson's children go to her for help when they've misbehaved. The "Nasty" hitmaker has more than 25 nieces and nephews and admits they all see her as a confidante who acts as a peacemaker between them and their parents - and she is more than happy with the role.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I get texts and emails all day long from them. Auntie Janet this and Auntie Janet that. I'm the aunt that they come to when they think they're going to get in trouble. You know, 'I just got a tattoo, or a piercing. And my dad saw it last night and he wants to choke me! Can you talk to him, Auntie Janet?'"
Janet Jackson herself is not married although she had been in a long term relationship with producer Jermaine Dupri. The couple split in 2009 but remained friends.
More Janet Jackson News
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'