Michael Jackson's Lawyer to Sue Over Unauthorized Casino
Lawyers representing Michael Jackson's estate are taking legal action against the bosses of an online casino which has allegedly been using the King of Pop's likeness without permission. The Michael Jackson Casino website, which boasts gambling games including poker and baccarat, features a picture of the late superstar on its home page and mentions the singer in the opening tag line.
The introduction reads, "The King of Pop is proud to bring you the most exciting Vegas style online casino betting experience on the Net!" But Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, is adamant the website has not been given official approval to use Jackson's image.
He tells TMZ.com that he will "take whatever legal actions are necessary to shut this operation down."
More Michael Jackson News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4