Casey Affleck's Rep Says Second Harassment Lawsuit Is a 'Total Fiction'
Casey Affleck's rep has branded a second sexual harassment lawsuit levied at the actor "total fiction", dismissing the fresh allegations as "fishy". The Hollywood star has been hit with a second lawsuit in as many weeks relating to his time working on his documentary "I'm Still Here", which follows his brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix's attempts to launch a rap career.
Cinematographer Magdalena Gorka filed suit on Friday, July 30 alleging Affleck's brother climbed into bed with her and groped her while she slept during a stay at Phoenix's New York apartment. She also claims she was subjected to a hostile work environment and was left out of pocket and stripped of her production credit after she finally quit the project.
But a representative for Affleck has slammed Gorka's claims, telling TMZ.com, "(It's) absolute fiction. (It's) fishy... (Gorka) hasn't worked for the movie since April 2009... it's interesting that she hasn't filed until now." The spokesperson also alleges it was Gorka who behaved badly during filming, adding, "Several crew members have told us she was inappropriate on set."
Gorka's lawsuit was filed just a week after Affleck was sued for $2 million by producer Amanda White, who claims the actor sexually harassed her during filming of the documentary.
More Casey Affleck News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked