Casey Affleck's Rep Says Second Harassment Lawsuit Is a 'Total Fiction'
Casey Affleck's rep has branded a second sexual harassment lawsuit levied at the actor "total fiction", dismissing the fresh allegations as "fishy". The Hollywood star has been hit with a second lawsuit in as many weeks relating to his time working on his documentary "I'm Still Here", which follows his brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix's attempts to launch a rap career.
Cinematographer Magdalena Gorka filed suit on Friday, July 30 alleging Affleck's brother climbed into bed with her and groped her while she slept during a stay at Phoenix's New York apartment. She also claims she was subjected to a hostile work environment and was left out of pocket and stripped of her production credit after she finally quit the project.
But a representative for Affleck has slammed Gorka's claims, telling TMZ.com, "(It's) absolute fiction. (It's) fishy... (Gorka) hasn't worked for the movie since April 2009... it's interesting that she hasn't filed until now." The spokesperson also alleges it was Gorka who behaved badly during filming, adding, "Several crew members have told us she was inappropriate on set."
Gorka's lawsuit was filed just a week after Affleck was sued for $2 million by producer Amanda White, who claims the actor sexually harassed her during filming of the documentary.
More Casey Affleck News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic