Casey Affleck's Rep Says Second Harassment Lawsuit Is a 'Total Fiction'
Casey Affleck's rep has branded a second sexual harassment lawsuit levied at the actor "total fiction", dismissing the fresh allegations as "fishy". The Hollywood star has been hit with a second lawsuit in as many weeks relating to his time working on his documentary "I'm Still Here", which follows his brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix's attempts to launch a rap career.
Cinematographer Magdalena Gorka filed suit on Friday, July 30 alleging Affleck's brother climbed into bed with her and groped her while she slept during a stay at Phoenix's New York apartment. She also claims she was subjected to a hostile work environment and was left out of pocket and stripped of her production credit after she finally quit the project.
But a representative for Affleck has slammed Gorka's claims, telling TMZ.com, "(It's) absolute fiction. (It's) fishy... (Gorka) hasn't worked for the movie since April 2009... it's interesting that she hasn't filed until now." The spokesperson also alleges it was Gorka who behaved badly during filming, adding, "Several crew members have told us she was inappropriate on set."
Gorka's lawsuit was filed just a week after Affleck was sued for $2 million by producer Amanda White, who claims the actor sexually harassed her during filming of the documentary.
More Casey Affleck News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance