Friends Struggle to Recognize Gemma Arterton in Her 'Tamara Drewe' Costume
British actress Gemma Arterton had her closest friends fooled by her facial disguise in new movie "Tamara Drewe" after donning a "massive" prosthetic nose to portray the title character. Arterton stars as Drewe, a young newspaper journalist torn between two lovers, in the dark comedy, which is based on the graphic novel by Posy Simmonds.
But the star admits her pals struggled to recognize her in costume and couldn't believe it was the former Bond girl under the disguise. She tells WENN, "I'm very excited about 'Tamara Drewe' and I play her. Stephen Frears directed that. It's a black comedy."
"She is a journalist who grew up in this little village in England and she was a really ugly duckling; she had this huge hunk, a massive nose. I'm wearing a prosthetic nose and it's fantastic. It's quite a shock when you see it. My friends saw it and they said, 'Is that you?!' I have the picture of me with the nose in my bathroom and people always say, 'Is that you in there?' "
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'