Friends Struggle to Recognize Gemma Arterton in Her 'Tamara Drewe' Costume
British actress Gemma Arterton had her closest friends fooled by her facial disguise in new movie "Tamara Drewe" after donning a "massive" prosthetic nose to portray the title character. Arterton stars as Drewe, a young newspaper journalist torn between two lovers, in the dark comedy, which is based on the graphic novel by Posy Simmonds.
But the star admits her pals struggled to recognize her in costume and couldn't believe it was the former Bond girl under the disguise. She tells WENN, "I'm very excited about 'Tamara Drewe' and I play her. Stephen Frears directed that. It's a black comedy."
"She is a journalist who grew up in this little village in England and she was a really ugly duckling; she had this huge hunk, a massive nose. I'm wearing a prosthetic nose and it's fantastic. It's quite a shock when you see it. My friends saw it and they said, 'Is that you?!' I have the picture of me with the nose in my bathroom and people always say, 'Is that you in there?' "
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen