Friends Struggle to Recognize Gemma Arterton in Her 'Tamara Drewe' Costume
British actress Gemma Arterton had her closest friends fooled by her facial disguise in new movie "Tamara Drewe" after donning a "massive" prosthetic nose to portray the title character. Arterton stars as Drewe, a young newspaper journalist torn between two lovers, in the dark comedy, which is based on the graphic novel by Posy Simmonds.
But the star admits her pals struggled to recognize her in costume and couldn't believe it was the former Bond girl under the disguise. She tells WENN, "I'm very excited about 'Tamara Drewe' and I play her. Stephen Frears directed that. It's a black comedy."
"She is a journalist who grew up in this little village in England and she was a really ugly duckling; she had this huge hunk, a massive nose. I'm wearing a prosthetic nose and it's fantastic. It's quite a shock when you see it. My friends saw it and they said, 'Is that you?!' I have the picture of me with the nose in my bathroom and people always say, 'Is that you in there?' "
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'