Foxy Brown Insists No Fight, Just 'Heated Exchange' Between Friends
Rapper Foxy Brown has played down reports she was involved in a brawl in New York last week, insisting the altercation was just a "heated exchange" between friends. The "Candy" hitmaker, real name Inga Marchand, was alleged to have become embroiled in a fight outside a luxury apartment building in the heart of Manhattan on Thursday, July 29 with witnesses claiming she was one of "several people" pushing and shoving in the melee, while another 10 people are rumored to have stepped in to break up the incident. Authorities were called to the scene but Brown had left by the time police had arrived. No arrests were made.
But Brown, who is said to have thrown her Blackberry phone during the war of words, is adamant the reports have been overblown - because the argument only involved herself, her friend Veronica Pereira, and her manager Bernadette Brennan. She tells the New York Post's PageSix column, "An argument started because my manager had booked us for two interviews but only gave us 20 minutes' notice for hair and make-up. My manager was yelling and screaming at my friend. It was a heated exchange between three friends. I never hit anyone."
Her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, adds, "Foxy was not the aggressor, it was just a spat between a manager and a client."
Meanwhile, Brown has hit out at claims she bared her bottom at a neighbor in an argument outside of her Brooklyn home in July. Local resident Arlene Raymond told police she caught a glimpse of Brown's panties when the star reportedly lifted her dress and flashed her bum at her rival during the incident.
But Brown has countered her claims, insisting she "couldn't have mooned" Raymond because she "wasn't wearing any underwear" at the time. The incident resulted in Brown's arrest and she was charged with public lewdness and harassment following the accusations.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?