Foxy Brown Insists No Fight, Just 'Heated Exchange' Between Friends
Rapper Foxy Brown has played down reports she was involved in a brawl in New York last week, insisting the altercation was just a "heated exchange" between friends. The "Candy" hitmaker, real name Inga Marchand, was alleged to have become embroiled in a fight outside a luxury apartment building in the heart of Manhattan on Thursday, July 29 with witnesses claiming she was one of "several people" pushing and shoving in the melee, while another 10 people are rumored to have stepped in to break up the incident. Authorities were called to the scene but Brown had left by the time police had arrived. No arrests were made.
But Brown, who is said to have thrown her Blackberry phone during the war of words, is adamant the reports have been overblown - because the argument only involved herself, her friend Veronica Pereira, and her manager Bernadette Brennan. She tells the New York Post's PageSix column, "An argument started because my manager had booked us for two interviews but only gave us 20 minutes' notice for hair and make-up. My manager was yelling and screaming at my friend. It was a heated exchange between three friends. I never hit anyone."
Her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, adds, "Foxy was not the aggressor, it was just a spat between a manager and a client."
Meanwhile, Brown has hit out at claims she bared her bottom at a neighbor in an argument outside of her Brooklyn home in July. Local resident Arlene Raymond told police she caught a glimpse of Brown's panties when the star reportedly lifted her dress and flashed her bum at her rival during the incident.
But Brown has countered her claims, insisting she "couldn't have mooned" Raymond because she "wasn't wearing any underwear" at the time. The incident resulted in Brown's arrest and she was charged with public lewdness and harassment following the accusations.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton