Bernie Nolan Wins Battle Against Breast Cancer
Irish singer Bernie Nolan is winning her battle against breast cancer - her tumors have dramatically shrunk in size and are now barely detectable. The 49-year-old star revealed in April she had been diagnosed with an aggressive form of the disease and began undergoing sessions of chemotherapy to treat it.
The star is now halfway through her six-week treatment program and reveals doctors are amazed by her speedy recovery - the two tumors in her left breast have shrunk to a fifth of their original size. And the good news means Nolan may be spared undergoing a mastectomy.
She tells Britain's News of the World, "The doctors were amazed. We were celebrating. We broke out the champagne that night. My oncologist has said the chemo alone could beat the cancer." And the singer, best known as part of all-sister band The Nolans, admits she wept tears of joy after her physician told her she wasn't a carrier of the cancer gene, which could have affected her 11-year-old daughter, Erin.
She adds, "When I opened the letter I just cried, but they were happy tears. I'm a positive person but if it had come back that Erin was a risk I'm not sure how I would have coped."
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash