Teri Hatcher Tries to Land Cheryl Cole a Stint on 'Desperate Housewives'
"Desperate Housewives" star Teri Hatcher is lobbying to land Cheryl Cole a stint on the drama, insisting the British singer would fit right in on the set. The actress plays a suburban mum in the hit U.S. show and is adamant the Girls Aloud beauty would bring "real trouble" to Wisteria Lane - the fictional address of the Housewives.
Hatcher tells Britain's News of the World, "Cheryl is a great role model and exactly the sort of woman (for whom) we would love to have a role on 'Desperate Housewives'. Season seven is going to be a really great series and if she is fit enough I think it would be great to have her in a guest role for two or three episodes."
"With her looks she could cause some real trouble in Wisteria Lane. I am sure she would raise a few eyebrows from the residents there but in real life I hear she is an absolute darling and I think we would all get on so well."
Cole is currently enjoying a vacation in Los Angeles, where "Desperate Housewives" is filmed, following her hospitalization with malaria in July.
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?