Former 'X Factor' Contestant Joe McElderry Declares He Is Gay
British singer Joe McElderry has 'come out' as gay following intense online speculation about his sexuality. Rumors about the teenager's sexual preference have been rife since he won Simon Cowell's TV talent show "The X Factor" in December 2009.
Earlier this year, the star's personal Twitter.com page was hacked into, with a fake post outing him as gay and stating: "It's been difficult living a lie for so many years." McElderry has now told his fans the truth about his sexuality, admitting the Twitter prank pushed him into revealing all.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I was really angry at first - thinking, 'How dare they hack me?' But after a while I looked at the message and thought, 'Well, they're not that far from the truth'." He continues sharing, "I think the Twitter thing was the point when I realized I was gay. I just looked at it and thought, 'Should I be more bothered about this?' Because I wasn't, that's when it clicked and I thought maybe I was. It was a turning point, definitely."
The 19 year old admits he's happy with his choice to 'come out' publicly, adding, "I think I can be happy now that I have realized who I am - and I am feeling good about it."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs