Heidi Montag Files for Divorce From Spencer Pratt, Calling the Split Amicable
"The Hills" star Heidi Montag has filed for divorce from her estranged husband Spencer Pratt. Montag walked out on her former reality TV co-star in May and filed for legal separation in June.
She has now moved to make the marriage split official after lodging a divorce petition in Santa Monica, California Superior Court on Friday, July 30, citing irreconcilable differences. Montag's lawyer, Jodeane Farrell, confirms to People.com: "Heidi has amended her petition for separation and today has filed a petition for dissolution of marriage from Spencer Pratt.
"The couple has agreed they would like their divorce to be finalized in a timely manner in an out-of-court settlement. Both parties are amicable with each other and over the possibility of finalizing their divorce."
Montag and Pratt wed in Mexico in 2008 and exchanged vows for a second time on TV in 2009 amid claims their initial nuptials were not legal and were part of an elaborate publicity stunt.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass