Heidi Montag Files for Divorce From Spencer Pratt, Calling the Split Amicable
"The Hills" star Heidi Montag has filed for divorce from her estranged husband Spencer Pratt. Montag walked out on her former reality TV co-star in May and filed for legal separation in June.
She has now moved to make the marriage split official after lodging a divorce petition in Santa Monica, California Superior Court on Friday, July 30, citing irreconcilable differences. Montag's lawyer, Jodeane Farrell, confirms to People.com: "Heidi has amended her petition for separation and today has filed a petition for dissolution of marriage from Spencer Pratt.
"The couple has agreed they would like their divorce to be finalized in a timely manner in an out-of-court settlement. Both parties are amicable with each other and over the possibility of finalizing their divorce."
Montag and Pratt wed in Mexico in 2008 and exchanged vows for a second time on TV in 2009 amid claims their initial nuptials were not legal and were part of an elaborate publicity stunt.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media