Zsa Zsa Gabor Heading to 'Financial Ruin'
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt fears they will have to sell off their Hollywood home as they struggle with "financial ruin" after losing millions to U.S. investment fraudster Bernie Madoff. The aging couple entrusted Madoff with a large chunk of their savings but they lost it all when the conman's Ponzi scheme was revealed in 2008, costing them an estimated $10 million.
Madoff has since been convicted and jailed for life but von Anhalt is finding it difficult to make ends meet as his ailing wife fights to recover from her recent hip replacement surgery. And von Anhalt admits they may be forced to leave their luxury Bel Air mansion and sell other assets because they are in "financial ruin".
He tells America's Globe tabloid, "I feel really bad because Zsa Zsa shouldn't have to worry about the financial mess I've gotten us into. We might be forced to sell our home, cars, artwork and jewellery because of this sick man."
Actress Gabor, 93, recently went under the knife after injuring herself in a fall at home. She has faced a number of health complications following her hip surgery and is currently recovering in hospital after receiving a blood transfusion and having a feeding tube fitted.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle