Zsa Zsa Gabor Heading to 'Financial Ruin'
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt fears they will have to sell off their Hollywood home as they struggle with "financial ruin" after losing millions to U.S. investment fraudster Bernie Madoff. The aging couple entrusted Madoff with a large chunk of their savings but they lost it all when the conman's Ponzi scheme was revealed in 2008, costing them an estimated $10 million.
Madoff has since been convicted and jailed for life but von Anhalt is finding it difficult to make ends meet as his ailing wife fights to recover from her recent hip replacement surgery. And von Anhalt admits they may be forced to leave their luxury Bel Air mansion and sell other assets because they are in "financial ruin".
He tells America's Globe tabloid, "I feel really bad because Zsa Zsa shouldn't have to worry about the financial mess I've gotten us into. We might be forced to sell our home, cars, artwork and jewellery because of this sick man."
Actress Gabor, 93, recently went under the knife after injuring herself in a fall at home. She has faced a number of health complications following her hip surgery and is currently recovering in hospital after receiving a blood transfusion and having a feeding tube fitted.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series