Zsa Zsa Gabor Heading to 'Financial Ruin'
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt fears they will have to sell off their Hollywood home as they struggle with "financial ruin" after losing millions to U.S. investment fraudster Bernie Madoff. The aging couple entrusted Madoff with a large chunk of their savings but they lost it all when the conman's Ponzi scheme was revealed in 2008, costing them an estimated $10 million.
Madoff has since been convicted and jailed for life but von Anhalt is finding it difficult to make ends meet as his ailing wife fights to recover from her recent hip replacement surgery. And von Anhalt admits they may be forced to leave their luxury Bel Air mansion and sell other assets because they are in "financial ruin".
He tells America's Globe tabloid, "I feel really bad because Zsa Zsa shouldn't have to worry about the financial mess I've gotten us into. We might be forced to sell our home, cars, artwork and jewellery because of this sick man."
Actress Gabor, 93, recently went under the knife after injuring herself in a fall at home. She has faced a number of health complications following her hip surgery and is currently recovering in hospital after receiving a blood transfusion and having a feeding tube fitted.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern