Oksana Grigorieva: Mel Gibson Is Trivializing Domestic Violence
Oksana Grigorieva has blasted ex-boyfriend Mel Gibson for "trivializing domestic violence" in their ongoing legal battle following allegations he attacked the singer during a heated argument earlier this year. The former couple, which split in April, has become embroiled in a bitter court fight over recent weeks as they attempt to thrash out custody arrangements for their young daughter, Lucia.
The public falling out has seen Grigorieva accuse the shamed "Braveheart" star of assault, while audio footage of telephone calls in which the actor can allegedly be heard hurling abuse and vile threats at his partner have leaked online. Gibson's lawyers have denied the allegations of domestic violence and accused the Russian singer of trying to bribe the star for cash in exchange for the audio recordings.
But Grigorieva has been left incensed by the counter-attack - insisting Gibson is attempting to "trivialize" the alleged abuse by filing his own extortion claims against her. In an interview with RadarOnline.com, she says, "I think Mel is basically trivializing domestic violence and this is very, very sad and it's very unfair."
And the singer claims the recorded rants said to feature Gibson were all taped on the same night of their reported altercation, when she feared for her life. She continues, "All the tapes that you hear on the internet, all of the voicemails, the phone calls, all of them (were) recorded that one night, because I was in fear for my life that night. I really didn't think I was gonna make it. I feel like I'm being victimized all over again."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce