Oksana Grigorieva: Mel Gibson Is Trivializing Domestic Violence
Oksana Grigorieva has blasted ex-boyfriend Mel Gibson for "trivializing domestic violence" in their ongoing legal battle following allegations he attacked the singer during a heated argument earlier this year. The former couple, which split in April, has become embroiled in a bitter court fight over recent weeks as they attempt to thrash out custody arrangements for their young daughter, Lucia.
The public falling out has seen Grigorieva accuse the shamed "Braveheart" star of assault, while audio footage of telephone calls in which the actor can allegedly be heard hurling abuse and vile threats at his partner have leaked online. Gibson's lawyers have denied the allegations of domestic violence and accused the Russian singer of trying to bribe the star for cash in exchange for the audio recordings.
But Grigorieva has been left incensed by the counter-attack - insisting Gibson is attempting to "trivialize" the alleged abuse by filing his own extortion claims against her. In an interview with RadarOnline.com, she says, "I think Mel is basically trivializing domestic violence and this is very, very sad and it's very unfair."
And the singer claims the recorded rants said to feature Gibson were all taped on the same night of their reported altercation, when she feared for her life. She continues, "All the tapes that you hear on the internet, all of the voicemails, the phone calls, all of them (were) recorded that one night, because I was in fear for my life that night. I really didn't think I was gonna make it. I feel like I'm being victimized all over again."
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair