Oksana Grigorieva: Mel Gibson Is Trivializing Domestic Violence
Oksana Grigorieva has blasted ex-boyfriend Mel Gibson for "trivializing domestic violence" in their ongoing legal battle following allegations he attacked the singer during a heated argument earlier this year. The former couple, which split in April, has become embroiled in a bitter court fight over recent weeks as they attempt to thrash out custody arrangements for their young daughter, Lucia.
The public falling out has seen Grigorieva accuse the shamed "Braveheart" star of assault, while audio footage of telephone calls in which the actor can allegedly be heard hurling abuse and vile threats at his partner have leaked online. Gibson's lawyers have denied the allegations of domestic violence and accused the Russian singer of trying to bribe the star for cash in exchange for the audio recordings.
But Grigorieva has been left incensed by the counter-attack - insisting Gibson is attempting to "trivialize" the alleged abuse by filing his own extortion claims against her. In an interview with RadarOnline.com, she says, "I think Mel is basically trivializing domestic violence and this is very, very sad and it's very unfair."
And the singer claims the recorded rants said to feature Gibson were all taped on the same night of their reported altercation, when she feared for her life. She continues, "All the tapes that you hear on the internet, all of the voicemails, the phone calls, all of them (were) recorded that one night, because I was in fear for my life that night. I really didn't think I was gonna make it. I feel like I'm being victimized all over again."
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image