Furious Sandra Bullock Wants to Be Removed From Star-Studded Oil Spill PSA
A rep for Sandra Bullock has asked for the actress' part in a public service announcement (PSA) relating to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill to be removed until she can confirm the clip has not been influenced by a coalition of oil companies. The Hollywood actress is among a group of stars, including Blake Lively, Lenny Kravitz and Dave Matthews, who appear in the "Be the One" video for the Restore the Gulf campaign.
Bullock signed up to appear in the clip to promote a petition asking U.S. politicians to put together a fully funded restoration plan to help the beleaguered Gulf Coast, which has been drenched in oil following the collapse of a BP rig in April. But new reports suggest the Louisiana-based group which produced the video, Women of the Storm, has been sponsored by America's Wetland Foundation, an organization allegedly connected to oil companies including BP, Shell and American Petroleum.
Bullock is reportedly fuming about the discovery and her spokesperson has demanded the video clips featuring the actress be removed until the truth becomes known, according to NOLA.com. Bullock's spokeswoman Cheryl Maisel says in a statement, "Ms. Bullock was originally contacted through her attorney to be a part of the PSA in order to promote awareness of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. At no time was she made aware that any organization, oil company or otherwise had influence over Women of the Storm or its message."
"We have immediately asked for her participation in the PSA be removed until the facts can be determined. (Bullock will continue to) pursue opportunities that will bring awareness and support to the plight of the Gulf region."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?