Report: Kara DioGuardi Fired From 'American Idol'
Singer/songwriter Kara DioGuardi has been fired from "American Idol" - and is set to be replaced by Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler, according to a new U.S. report. The revolving door of judges on the TV talent show is spinning once again - Dioguardi is said to have been booted from the judging panel as part of producers' ongoing cast shake-up.
TMZ.com reports TV bosses have finalized deals to recruit both Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, who will join Randy Jackson for a three-judge format on the upcoming 10th season, due to premiere in the U.S. in January.
The news follows Ellen DeGeneres' shock announcement on Thursday, July 29 that she is stepping down from her judging role after just one series on the show, replacing Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell, who has been with the show since its 2002 inception, quit to concentrate on launching a new series, "The X Factor".
More American Idol News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3