Report: Kara DioGuardi Fired From 'American Idol'
Singer/songwriter Kara DioGuardi has been fired from "American Idol" - and is set to be replaced by Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler, according to a new U.S. report. The revolving door of judges on the TV talent show is spinning once again - Dioguardi is said to have been booted from the judging panel as part of producers' ongoing cast shake-up.
TMZ.com reports TV bosses have finalized deals to recruit both Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, who will join Randy Jackson for a three-judge format on the upcoming 10th season, due to premiere in the U.S. in January.
The news follows Ellen DeGeneres' shock announcement on Thursday, July 29 that she is stepping down from her judging role after just one series on the show, replacing Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell, who has been with the show since its 2002 inception, quit to concentrate on launching a new series, "The X Factor".
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'