Report: Kara DioGuardi Fired From 'American Idol'
Singer/songwriter Kara DioGuardi has been fired from "American Idol" - and is set to be replaced by Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler, according to a new U.S. report. The revolving door of judges on the TV talent show is spinning once again - Dioguardi is said to have been booted from the judging panel as part of producers' ongoing cast shake-up.
TMZ.com reports TV bosses have finalized deals to recruit both Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, who will join Randy Jackson for a three-judge format on the upcoming 10th season, due to premiere in the U.S. in January.
The news follows Ellen DeGeneres' shock announcement on Thursday, July 29 that she is stepping down from her judging role after just one series on the show, replacing Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell, who has been with the show since its 2002 inception, quit to concentrate on launching a new series, "The X Factor".
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'