Report: Kara DioGuardi Fired From 'American Idol'
Singer/songwriter Kara DioGuardi has been fired from "American Idol" - and is set to be replaced by Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler, according to a new U.S. report. The revolving door of judges on the TV talent show is spinning once again - Dioguardi is said to have been booted from the judging panel as part of producers' ongoing cast shake-up.
TMZ.com reports TV bosses have finalized deals to recruit both Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, who will join Randy Jackson for a three-judge format on the upcoming 10th season, due to premiere in the U.S. in January.
The news follows Ellen DeGeneres' shock announcement on Thursday, July 29 that she is stepping down from her judging role after just one series on the show, replacing Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell, who has been with the show since its 2002 inception, quit to concentrate on launching a new series, "The X Factor".
More American Idol News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame