Report: Kara DioGuardi Fired From 'American Idol'
Singer/songwriter Kara DioGuardi has been fired from "American Idol" - and is set to be replaced by Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler, according to a new U.S. report. The revolving door of judges on the TV talent show is spinning once again - Dioguardi is said to have been booted from the judging panel as part of producers' ongoing cast shake-up.
TMZ.com reports TV bosses have finalized deals to recruit both Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, who will join Randy Jackson for a three-judge format on the upcoming 10th season, due to premiere in the U.S. in January.
The news follows Ellen DeGeneres' shock announcement on Thursday, July 29 that she is stepping down from her judging role after just one series on the show, replacing Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell, who has been with the show since its 2002 inception, quit to concentrate on launching a new series, "The X Factor".
More American Idol News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show