Steven Seagal Wins Restraining Order Against Stalker
Steven Seagal has been granted a temporary restraining order against a woman who allegedly attacked one of the actor's employees while trying to enter his house. The "Under Siege" hardman requested a protective order against Angela Rain Bates, who was arrested at the star's home in Los Angeles on July 14.
According to court papers, the 55-year-old woman allegedly lashed out at Seagal's groundskeeper by "forcefully kick(ing) him twice, in the groin, and on his shin, causing a two-inch contusion on his leg" before throwing rocks Seagal's window. She was charged with battery, vandalism and trespassing and is currently in jail awaiting a trial date, according to TMZ.com.
Bates is said to have told cops she was married to Seagal's father - who is deceased - and had lived in the house for 20 years. The restraining order, which was granted on Thursday, July 29 at Los Angeles Superior Court, means Bates has to stay 100 yards (91.4 metres) away from the actor, his family and the groundskeeper she is accused of attacking.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show